R&D Technician, Cell Engineering
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Product Engineering /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and charge rate is enabled by a different chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state of the art laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to learn about and work on this critical part of the future energy economy?
As part of the Product Engineering team, you will work with a small team to assemble battery devices and work closely with engineers to improve our assembly process.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Handling chemicals with proper PPE
- Assembling battery devices by following SOP and engineers’ instruction
- Performing mechanical testing e.g. tensile strength
- Maintaining and minor troubleshooting and repairing of assembly equipment such as ultrasonic welder, heat sealer, and vacuum sealer
- Operating gloveboxes and fume hoods
- Inputting assembly data into database system
- Maintaining a clean work-space and safe work environment
Education & Experience
- A high-school diploma and five years’ experience as a technician in a dynamic R&D environment supporting the development multiple processes or equipment
- Minimum two years in an environment where you had to work with and safely handle chemicals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You are comfortable working with computer applications (MS Office) and using databases for entering and searching for information
- You can deliver on quality expectation
- You are good with your hand skills and pay attention to small details
- You are flexible and can adapt to a fast-changing environment and work priorities
- You can communicate well with team members, engineers, and manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
*QuantumScape does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.