Associate Member of Technical Staff
HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Cell Development
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric
vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and charge rate is enabled by a different
chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state of the art
laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to learn about and work on this critical part of the future energy economy? As part of our Cell
Development team, you will develop cell prototypes, test platforms, and production processes to help put this
technology on the road.
What you will do:
• Devise and design creative and practical improvements for existing device assemblies
• Work with a team to develop next generation devices
• Determine root cause for failed devices via testing and disassembly
• Collect electrical and mechanical data and characterize the performance and reliability of your designs
• Communicate results with the broader team
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• You have a strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals
• You have used your mechanical design and/or materials knowledge to tackle difficult problems
• You can use at least one type of engineering software (e.g., JMP, MATLAB/python/R etc.)
• You learn and adapt quickly
• You respond to challenges with solutions
• You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• You may have experience with design software (CAD, Inventor, Adobe Illustrator or other vector graphic
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering or equivalent
• You have contributed to a hands-on design project and/or conducted experiments in a laboratory setting
• You love working closely with a team in an energizing environment
• You share our real passion for our mission
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.