Associate Member of Technical Staff, Product Engineer
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Product Engineering /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We are a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and charge rate is enabled by a different chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state of the art laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to learn about and work on this critical part of the future energy economy?
As part of product engineering team, you will develop cell prototypes, test platforms, and production processes to help put this technology on the road.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop testing methods for characterizing and validating cell materials and components
- Physicochemical and structural characterization of cell materials and components using various analytical techniques (XRD, SEM, XPS, DSC/TGA, X-ray tomography, etc.)
- Cathode electrode characterization
- Develop and validate cell assembly processes for cell prototype
- In collaboration with mechanical/process engineers to develop cell stacking fixture for cell prototype
- Conduct cell failure analysis and provide feedback to improve cell design and assembly process
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent
- 2 years of industry experience developing reliable electromechanical devices for production
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You have a strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- You know the properties and trade-offs of engineering materials and processes
- You can use tolerance analysis and are familiar with failure modes and effects analysis
- You are skilled in quality management processes and statistical techniques
- You have excellent data analysis and presentation skills
- You love working closely with a team in an energizing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.