R&D Technician - Battery Research
HQ- San Jose, CA
R&D – Cell Development
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and charge rate is enabled by a different chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state of the art laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to learn about and work on this critical part of the future energy economy? We are seeking a motivated and conscientious technician to join our Cell Development team. You will work on a small team to characterize devices after testing and correlate observations with performance in order to inform process improvement. The position requires careful perception and strong communication skills.
What you will do:
· Carefully and consistently take apart devices, including taking photographs and detailed written/electronic r
records. Consider correlations between performance and observations.
· Identify and characterize defects with optical and laser microscopy.
· Organize and communicate findings to the larger team.
· Balance fast turnaround with thorough investigation of devices.
· Maintain a clean, organized lab workspace.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· You are able to quickly learn new skills and enjoy doing so.
· You are organized and notice details and patterns in your work or daily life.
· You have the ability to understand and follow procedures independently, but will take initiative to work with the team to improve them.
· You ask questions for clarification and understanding as needed.
· You have experience with safe laboratory practices.
· One year or more of hands-on, independent laboratory experience in a R&D environment or multi-tasking position and/or degree from a 2-4 year program.
· Familiarity with basic computer software, such as MS office suite, and willingness to learn additional specialized programs
· You love working closely with a team in an energizing environment
· You share our real passion for our mission
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.