Senior Software Engineer (Image processing)
HQ- San Jose, CA /
R&D – Physical Characterization /
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
We’re on a mission to electrify cars by building the next generation of energy storage technology! Do you want to make a major contribution to this critical part of the future energy economy? As a member of the metrology team, you will help us deploy cutting-edge image processing solutions for high velocity image data. Come join us in a role that sits at the intersection of materials, manufacturing, machine vision, and data science!
- Design, develop, and deploy image processing software to extract accurate and useful metrics/information from a rapidly growing fleet of high performance inspection systems.
- Impact quality, device performance, and the learning rate of our research and process teams by building predictive metrics derived from image data on various materials and key components.
- Work with a variety of image data types - optical images, electron micrographs, radiographs, 3D topographical maps, composition maps.
- Build and optimize deep learning models for improved performance and reliability.
- Profile performance, root-cause analysis, debug image processing code.
- Carry out independent investigations to understand, collect key requirements for, and solve tough challenges involving image data.
- Follow internal code-writing, documentation, and quality assurance practices.
- Collaborate with software, automation, and process team members to develop and integrate solutions into our production line.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Fluency in Python and standard Python image (OpenCV or Scikit-image) and numerical stack (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy)
- Expertise in feature detection, image segmentation, and pattern recognition tasks.
- Proven track record of applying mathematical principles to build practical solutions for image data problems.
- Strong general background in signal processing.
- Proficiency in regression analysis, classification, and basic statistical tests.
- Thrive in a multi-faceted, technically-challenging environment, and quickly adapt to changes
- A good communicator and enjoy working as part of a collaborative team to tackle complex challenges
- Able to multi-task with excellent time management.
- Share a real passion for our mission
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field.
- 5 years of professional experience in image processing.
- Previous experience in any of the following:
- Experience with image processing in a manufacturing or materials research setting.
- Experience implementing standard methods (ISO, ASTM) for analyzing measurement and image data.
- Fluency in one or more standard deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras)
- Measurement systems analysis, statistical process control, and design of experiments
- Specifying and optimizing imaging systems while using data analysis to guide design decisions.
- C/C++, CUDA.
- Docker containers, Kubernetes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
*QuantumScape does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.