Business Development Manager
Sales & Marketing /
Quartzy is looking for a Business Development Manager to help us build a strong market position by locating, developing, negotiating, and closing business relationships with key suppliers. This role requires a thorough knowledge of the life science supply market, and of the solutions that Quartzy provides both to suppliers and scientists.
You will serve as the initial point of contact with our suppliers and will take a data-driven approach to ensuring that the needs of both our customers and our suppliers are met. This role requires attention to detail, ability to analyze data to drive decisions, a sense or urgency and the business judgement to negotiate and close opportunities in a fast-moving startup environment.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from companies working on COVID testing and therapies, to wine makers, to food and ag companies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What you'll do
- Develop new supplier relationships
- Outreach, engage, educate, negotiate and close new supplier agreements
- Provide amazing support to suppliers during the onboarding process
- Ensure smooth handoff to account managers
- Meet or exceed monthly onboarding targets
What we'd like
- High energy, outgoing, organized & efficient
- Hunter mentality - motivated by the“win”
- Ability to connect w/ multiple levels w/in an org to ID influencers and decision makers (C-Level, VP, Managers)
- 1+ years experience in a Business Development, Vendor Management strategy role
- Experience with data analysis and common BI platforms(Tableau/Looker, etc.) as well as CRMs (Salesforce.com)
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Experience in the laboratory / life science industry a plus
What we offer
- What we offer
- A comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and more
- An opportunity to make a true impact
- Dynamic, transparent, and quirky company culture. Read more about it here!
Does that sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.