Engineering – Lab Management & Growth
Quartzy is on a quest for an extraordinary software engineer who will join us to build and maintain clean, modern applications.
You are a self-starter with a bias for action, and you can take projects from start to finish. You want to work as part of a small, tightly-knit team that moves quickly and pushes changes to production many times a day. You always admired your friends in science, but your knack for computers led you to programming.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing a unique value in this large market. Our customers range from top medical schools to cancer therapeutics companies, and we are humbled every day to be serving them.
What you'll do
- Design and implement new functionality from the ground up
- Work closely with your team to design and develop a robust REST API
- Measure and improve site performance and scalability
- Write well-tested code that is resilient to heavy iteration
What we're looking for
- Demonstrable experience writing clean, thoughtfully crafted PHP that scales
- Experience with other parts of our technology stack: MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Beanstalkd, RabbitMQ, nginx, Git
- Ability and desire to own projects that directly impact Quartzy's bottom line
- An entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly
- Strong communication; you write well and can easily explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people
What we'd love
- A background working with mission-critical financial systems
- Experience fine tuning Elasticsearch indexes to get your searches just right
- Familiarity with asynchronous worker queues
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment
- Occasionally, you end the day with more lines of code removed than added; and that feels great
What we offer
- Assistance with home office set-up
- Exciting on-site team events a few times a year
- Rich medical benefits (health, dental, vision, life insurance, and more)
- An inclusive and driven team culture; read more about our team culture here
Does that sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.