VP of Product Management (Bay Area)
Quartzy is seeking a VP of Product Management to join us in our next phase of product growth. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of product management, everything from exploring new business opportunities, writing specs, coordinating with relevant stake holders, to owning big and small launches. You’ll be a central part of the company, working cross-functionally with other departments as well as with the leadership team to define the roadmap and strategy. With a product that intersects between the SaaS and e-commerce space, it’s an exciting opportunity to to build something that will have a true impact on scientific research.
You are a forward thinker who will motivate the team and enable them to produce their best work. You have a collaborative mindset that helps align everyone together around central ideas and visions. You ceaselessly endeavor to understand the root problems customers face before entertaining any solutions. You understand business objectives and work to balance speed and quality in product development. Most of all, you are a builder and a problem solver at heart, and you seek to develop thoughtful solutions that will delight our customers.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers to top medical schools to cancer therapeutics companies, and we are humbled every day to be serving them.
What you'll do
- Uncover new business opportunities for us that solve true customer pain points
- Develop products and features from customer interviews to ideation to launch and iteration
- Help define the product roadmap and overall strategy
- Enable high-quality, timely execution of product launches with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Define and analyze metrics to measure the success of products released
What we're looking for
- 5+ years product management experience, specifically in SaaS or e-commerce
- Experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Analytical mindset that is comfortable diving into complex data sets to derive valuable business insights
- “Roll up your sleeve” mentality - this is both a management and IC role, and you are not afraid to get into the weeds
What we offer
- Exciting team events such as happy hours, off-site retreats, bubble soccer
- A rich benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and more
- An opportunity to make a true impact - both internally at the company and externally for our customers
- Dynamic, transparent, and quirky company culture. Read more about it here!
Does that sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.