Senior Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA or Remote /
Finance & Accounting – Accounting /
Quartzy is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to have an active role in the monthly reporting and analysis for related budgeting, forecasting and other finance related projections.
You have hands on experience collecting and analyzing financial data to provide a clear understanding of an organization’s financial performance. You have direct experience working in functions that have required reporting and forecasting company results, variance to budget and forecast analysis and collaboration with management to make thoughtful recommendations.
We're looking for a teammate who enjoys working with excel and is passionate about getting results and helping leaders understand their respective results.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the Vice President of Finance on organizational forecasting and budgeting processes
- Play a key role in development of annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Assist in the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plans, and modeling tools
- Investigate variances to budget and forecast and work with business leaders to understand the impact
- Support business leaders and HR as it relates to workforce planning and budgeting
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial reports
- Work with various departments and other functional groups to develop and enhance dashboards, reports and scorecards
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- + years of work experience, preferably in a planning & analytics capacity at a high-growth startup
- Ability to read/write Sql queries or experience with other BI tools in nice to have
- Experienced in financial modeling, business analysis, FP&A, and analytics in a corporate HQ environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment; pay close attention to detail with an action-oriented mindset that achieves swift execution
- Proficient ability using spreadsheets for complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports. Advanced Excel skills; demonstrated
- Excellent proficiency in accounting and corporate finance concepts
What We Offer
- Great Culture - Participate in our fun events like speaker series, virtual happy hours & company/department off-sites
- Remote Team - We’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - Take the time you need, when you need it
- Internet Stipend - Quartzy provides a monthly stipend for your internet service
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office.
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor! If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Quartzy takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The pay scale salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this position represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (sales roles) range for this position based on all US locations. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Salary/OTE is just one component of our total rewards package. The pay scale or OTE ranges may be modified in the future.
Salary range: USD $114,471 - USD $209,000
All regular exempt full-time employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive, (target included in OTE), stock options, and excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with generous premium contributions for both employees and their families, the option of a Health Savings Account with Employer Match, Company paid disability and life insurance with opportunity to add additional coverage for you and your family.
Quartzy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. As part of this policy and legal compliance, Quartzy will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. Quartzy will also accommodate a religious belief or practice (including religious dress and grooming practices, such as religious clothing or hairstyles) if the accommodation is reasonable and will not impose an undue hardship.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Quartzy, Inc. will comply with any and all applicable local, city, county, state and federal laws, regulations and orders now in effect or which may hereafter be enacted.