Senior Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA or Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
Quartzy is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer (PHP) for our product development teams building and maintaining clean, modern applications for our internal and external customers. Our platform consists of two primary products including a SaaS based inventory management platform and an e-commerce shop for inventory ordering.
The ideal person will have experience working as a senior team member in a team-based environment with B2B SaaS platforms or mission-critical financial systems with e-commerce. You’re a self-starter with a bias for action and can take projects from start to finish, but also know when to ask for help. You like to work with a small, tightly-knit team that moves quickly and pushes changes to production daily. Occasionally, you end the day with more lines of code removed than added; and that feels great. You’re motivated by our mission to accelerate the Life Science industry by the building tools to accelerate research & development.
You are an eager senior level engineer that has experience working in a team-based engineering environment. You have a collaborative mindset, are passionate about growing your technology skillset, and are open to both leading and learning new problem solving approaches from your team members to achieve business outcomes. Most of all, you are a builder and a problem solver at heart, and you seek to develop thoughtful solutions that will delight our customers.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and cancer therapeutics. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with and occasionally lead other Engineers, QA, and Product team members working on new product features
- Work closely with your team lead to design and develop robust, high quality, and scalable solutions and provide technical work direction to other team members
- Own the technical implementation, architecture, and support for key areas of the Quartzy platform
- Create and participate in others code reviews to ensure code qualityand shared knowledge.
- Write well-tested code that is resilient to heavy iteration
- Participate in knowledge sharing opportunities and contribute to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team
What We're Looking For
- 5-8+ years experience developing software in a production environment at scale
- Demonstrable experience writing clean, thoughtfully crafted PHP that scales
- Collaborative experience providing technical work breakdown and direction to other Engineers
- Broad experience with our technology stack(or similar technologies): MySQL, Ember, React, Laravel, Elasticsearch, Redis, Beanstalkd, RabbitMQ, nginx
- Familiarity with asynchronous worker queues
- Experience writing automated tests and working in a CI/CD environment
- An entrepreneurial attitude that enables you to deliver high-quality, valuable software into the hands of customers
- Start Up experience is helpful
- A strong communicator. You write well and can easily explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - We cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - Participate in our fun events like speaker series, virtual happy hours & company/department off-sites
- Remote Team - We’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - Take the time you need, when you need it
- Internet Stipend - Quartzy provides a monthly stipend for your internet service
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office.
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!