Full Stack Engineer
Engineering – Engineering /
Quartzy is seeking a Full Stack Engineer (PHP) for our product development teams building and maintaining clean, modern applications for our internal and external customers. Our platform consists of two primary products including a SaaS based inventory management platform and an e-commerce shop for inventory ordering.
The ideal person will have experience working with B2B SaaS platforms or mission-critical financial systems with e-commerce. You’re a self-starter with a bias for action and can take projects from start to finish, but also know when to ask for help. You like to work with a small, tightly-knit team that moves quickly and pushes changes to production daily. Occasionally, you end the day with more lines of code removed than added; and that feels great. You’re motivated by our mission to accelerate the Life Science industry by the building tools to accelerate research & development.
You are an eager Engineer that has experience working in a team-based engineering environment. You have a collaborative mindset, are passionate about growing your technology skillset, and are open to learning new problem solving approaches from your team members to achieve business outcomes. Most of all, you are a builder and a problem solver at heart, and you seek to develop thoughtful solutions that will delight our customers.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and cancer therapeutics. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with other Engineers, QA, and Product team members working on new product features
- Participate in our scrum processes, communicate status and identify obstacles
- Provide support for operational issues.
- Work closely with your team and team Lead to design and develop robust, high quality and scalable solutions.
- Create and participate in others code reviews to ensure code qualityand shared knowledge.
- Write well-tested code that is resilient to heavy iteration.
- Participate in knowledge sharing opportunities and contribute to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team
What We're Looking For
- 2-4+ years experience developing software in a production environment at scale
- Demonstrable experience writing clean, thoughtfully crafted PHP that scales
- Some experience with other parts of our technology stack: MySQL, React, Laravel, Elasticsearch, Redis, Beanstalkd, RabbitMQ, nginx
- Experience using team-based version control tooling, ticketing systems, and other team collaboration tools
- An entrepreneurial attitude that enables you to get high-quality projects done quickly.
- Start Up experience is helpful
- A strong communicator. You write well and can easily explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people
What We Offer:
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!