San Francisco, CA or Remote /
Sales & Marketing /
Quartzy is looking to add a Senior Designer (Contract) to the Marketing team.
We are looking for an outcome-oriented designer to join the Marketing team at Quartzy. This role will start out at approximately 20 hours per week and increase as our needs expand. There will be an opportunity to bring this person on in a full time role.
Our goal is to create helpful, powerful content for the community of scientists and innovators that Quartzy empowers.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab operations platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using our platform. Quartzy uniquely combines software and eCommerce helping our customers save time and money. Our customers range from food/ag biotechs, to companies developing cutting-edge therapeutics, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
Quartzy operates as a remote-first company, so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
What You'll Do
- Establish a core set of templates for repeatable marketing projects(white papers, case studies, blogs, social media posts, etc.)
- Conduct design reviews of marketing content, website properties, social media channels, and campaigns to identify opportunities to improve engagement and further differentiate the Quartzy brand
- Familiarize yourself with the Quartzy brand and brand guidelines
- Collaborate with all marketing functions to define requirements for design deliverables and build campaign plans and schedules
- Design internal & external-facing marketing collateral, presentations & sales collateral.
- Support strategic initiatives such as website redesigns, major customer events, and strategic content programs
- Proficiency in collaboration software including Google Workspace, Slack, & Jira
- A portfolio of work that showcases your problem-solving process along with design work
What We're Looking For
- Comprehensive graphic design skills and a track record of creating engaging and successful print and digital marketing materials
- Experience designing for a breadth of mediums(print, digital, events, video, etc.)
- 3-5 years designing campaigns and collateral for B2B technology companies or clients
- 3-5 years designing and building websites with a content management platform like Hubspot, Contently or Webflow.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- A partner for the marketing team who is excited to collaborate, debate, and test different approaches, messages, and designs
- Experience designing for and working with scientists, academic institutions, or for the life sciences industry is desired but not required
- Sense of urgency and willingness to ship first, then iterate
- Curiosity about our customers and the work they do - you will be designing for thousands of scientists and R&D professionals who are working to solve some of the world’s most important problems. Their work inspires us and we hope it inspires you too!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor! If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Quartzy takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The pay scale salary/Hourly/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this position represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary/Hourly or OTE (sales roles) range for this position based on all US locations. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Salary/Hourly/OTE is just one component of our total rewards package. The pay scale or OTE ranges may be modified in the future.
Hourly Range: USD $75 - USD $125 per hour
All regular exempt full-time employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive, (target included in OTE), stock options, and excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with generous premium contributions for both employees and their families, the option of a Health Savings Account with Employer Match, Company paid disability and life insurance with opportunity to add additional coverage for you and your family.
Quartzy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. As part of this policy and legal compliance, Quartzy will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. Quartzy will also accommodate a religious belief or practice (including religious dress and grooming practices, such as religious clothing or hairstyles) if the accommodation is reasonable and will not impose an undue hardship.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Quartzy, Inc. will comply with any and all applicable local, city, county, state and federal laws, regulations and orders now in effect or which may hereafter be enacted.