Vice President of Marketing
San Francisco, CA or Remote /
Sales & Marketing /
Quartzy is looking for a Vice President of Marketing to help spearhead the growth of our marketing organization and programs. To date, we have experienced strong organic growth fueled by word-of-mouth recommendations from customer evangelists. Having achieved product-market fit and strong consistent year-on-year growth, we are now poised to test and spend across other marketing channels to grow our customer base nationally. We are looking for an exceptional VP of Marketing to take charge, determine our long-term marketing strategy, and build and lead the marketing team to success.
You should be an experienced, energetic leader with deep knowledge of life sciences marketing. Your primary focus will be demand gen and top of funnel growth. As the marketing leader you will also be responsible for defining and positioning our brand, setting the team’s vision, and successfully managing all marketing initiatives that you will define. Success in this role requires decisiveness, strong curiosity about our customers, an appetite for data, and experience piloting small and large marketing initiatives. You will report to the CEO and serve on the leadership team.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from companies working on COVID testing and therapies, to wine makers, to food and ag companies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Strategize: Develop long-term marketing strategies around existing and new market segments
- Connect: Understand our market and customers, their unique needs and how to influence them
- Plan: Devise monthly, quarterly, and annual marketing targets based on company goals, and drive initiatives to hit those targets
- Lead: Manage a strong team of marketers. Collaborate: Work with the sales, product, and marketplace teams to ensure universal on-brand messaging
- Budget: Develop and manage the marketing budget, allocating resources to initiatives that move the needle
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years’ of marketing leadership experience
- Life-Sciences experience marketing to academic & non-academic scientific labs
- 3+ years’ building and leading a world-class marketing teams
- Experience building field marketing teams
- Experience scaling a company from $100m to $300m +
- B2B SaaS experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills
What We Offer
- Great Culture - We are a company that enjoys working together solving problems that matter!
- Remote Team - We’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Internet Stipend - Quartzy provides a monthly stipend for your internet service
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office.
$225,000 - $250,000 a year
Quartzy takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range for this position represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary possibilities for this position based on all US locations. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Salary is just one component of our total rewards package. The salary ranges may be modified in the future.
All regular full-time employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program, excluding sales who are eligible for performance based variable sales incentives. Additionally, full time employees receive medical, dental and vision coverage with generous premium contributions for both employees and their families, the option of a Health Savings Account with employer match, company paid disability and life insurance with opportunity to add additional coverage for you and your family.
Quartzy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. As part of this policy and legal compliance, Quartzy will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. Quartzy will also accommodate a religious belief or practice (including religious dress and grooming practices, such as religious clothing or hairstyles) if the accommodation is reasonable and will not impose an undue hardship.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Quartzy, Inc. will comply with any and all applicable local, city, county, state and federal laws, regulations and orders now in effect or which may hereafter be enacted.
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor! Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you. We’d love to hear from you if so.