Software Support Specialist
San Francisco, CA or Remote
Sales & Marketing /
Quartzy is seeking a Software Support Specialist to provide our customers a high level of customer service using our lab management platform. We are experiencing tremendous growth, and in this role, you'll have the chance to help us define our processes as our company scales.
You’re a Quartzy product expert (or will become one)! You are someone who is motivated by helping other people solve problems. You thrive in a busy environment, and believe that keeping things organized is an essential part of getting anything done. If you catch a mistake in your work or someone else's, you're driven to find out not only why it happened, but how you can prevent it from happening again. Above all else, you are extremely detail oriented. Double and triple checking to ensure you've addressed every possible scenario, and you pride yourself on never leaving a question unanswered or a follow-up forgotten. You empathize well with others and are motivated by helping them.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from companies working on COVID testing and therapies, to wine makers, to food and ag companies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of the Quartzy platform, our customers and the various use cases on how our customers leverage our platform to align with lab inventory workflows
- Provide excellent product support to Quartzy users via email, phone and zoom
- As a Quartzy product expert, you'll leverage this knowledge to support users through troubleshooting customer support tickets focused around usability of various Quartzy products and features
- Work directly with customers to ensure timely resolution while maintaining high levels of empathy for our customers pain points
- Identify, report, and escalate bugs to QA and Product/Engineering Teams
- Provide recommendations to the Product team on how to improve customer experience by tracking Feature Requests and trends
- Work with Sales and Customer Success to onboard new customers and retain existing customers
- Other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For
- 2-5 years customer service experience relating to product or software support (preferably B2B SaaS)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Fantastic written and verbal communication ability in a technical setting
- Extremely detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to prioritize tasks and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Available to work during our core hours of 7am-4pm PST
- Experience using Quartzy or lab manager experience a huge plus
What We Offer
- Great Culture - Participate in our fun events like speaker series, virtual happy hours & company/department off-sites
- Remote Team - We’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - Take the time you need, when you need it
- Internet Stipend - Quartzy provides a monthly stipend for your internet service
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office.
$50,000 - $60,000 a year
Quartzy takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The pay scale salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this position represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (sales roles) range for this position based on all US locations. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Salary/OTE is just one component of our total rewards package. The pay scale or OTE ranges may be modified in the future.
All regular exempt full-time employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive, (target included in OTE), stock options, and excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with generous premium contributions for both employees and their families, the option of a Health Savings Account with Employer Match, Company paid disability and life insurance with opportunity to add additional coverage for you and your family.
Quartzy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. As part of this policy and legal compliance, Quartzy will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. Quartzy will also accommodate a religious belief or practice (including religious dress and grooming practices, such as religious clothing or hairstyles) if the accommodation is reasonable and will not impose an undue hardship.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Quartzy, Inc. will comply with any and all applicable local, city, county, state and federal laws, regulations and orders now in effect or which may hereafter be enacted.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.
Make sure to check out what others are saying on G2