Vendor Relations Manager
Sales & Marketing /
Quartzy has developed an e-commerce catalog comprised of thousands of brands and over 10M SKUs. Vendor Managers are responsible for building strong relationships with our existing supplier base to ensure“Supplier Success”. The role is tasked with establishing routine communication with vendors to drive improvements and mutual growth. You’ll utilize our data, analytics, and other tools to optimize vendor KPI’s and performance of the vendor on the Quartzy platform. We are looking for an outgoing, detail oriented, team player and relationship builder with excellent communication skills.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and e-commerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
We’ve recently shifted to a distributed work model so this role is remote based in the US.
Where you can make an impact
- Contribute to developing a new model of supplier / channel partner collaboration
- Clear communication, performance reporting and data insights to build and maintain long lasting, mutually beneficial growth partners.
- Identify and implement enhancements that drive revenue and margin improvement
- Actively monitor, analyze and report on the health of the overall vendor portfolio
What you'll do
- Develop new reports and dashboards that highlight critical data and uncover valuable insights on sales, supplier effectiveness, and business impact
- Improve cost of goods and margin trends by vendor
- Negotiate growth targets, strategies and incentives
- Collaborate with teams across the business to understand and address gaps in current processes, streamline operations and facilitate integrations
- Own resolution of escalated vendor cases / tickets
- Schedule and conduct business reviews
- Own data integrity between vendors, our Quartzy application, Salesforce, and Looker
- Manage vendor catalog hygiene and optimization; develop/execute strategy for monitoring and improving gaps in content and performance, including de-duplication, list import standardization, etc.
- Deliver cross-system performance reports to leadership and other stakeholders
What we'd like
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Science
- 2+ years of previous channel / vendor management, lab supply industry, or startup experience
- Strong reporting capabilities with the ability to track performance and ROI down to the most granular details while providing reporting and insight
- Expertise with Excel, Salesforce, BI Tools(Looker, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Roll up your sleeves, can-do attitude
What we offer
- Rich benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and more
- Dynamic, transparent, and fun company culture. Read more about it here!
Does that sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.