Sales – Field Sales
Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
We are searching for an exceptional person to take a senior position in our sales efforts. This person must have a proven track record for delivering on or exceeding revenue goals, ideally from within the enterprise SaaS/IaaS or PaaS platform sales industry. This position will report to the Regional VP of West Sales.
What you'll be doing.
- Create, implement and own a sales pipeline to manage customer lead intake, outbound activity, prioritization and metrics for measurement of deal status.
- Achieved sales goals each quarter.
- Continuously develop an extensive set of relationships at C-level, VP and Director-levels across companies and across industry categories.
- Continuously grow revenue via increased reach and penetration across numerous content owner accounts as well as sales of new and incremental services.
- Leverage a virtual territory team to execute against sales goals
- Build and execute against a territory plan
- Prepare deal overviews and contract summaries for key stakeholders
- Travel when necessary to meet potential customers - must be willing to be on the road often
Required experience and skills.
- BA/BS in business management or related field, engineering degree or MBA a plus
- Proven track record of closing new accounts and managing a portfolio of large and small deals.
- 5 to 7 years years experience in sales/business development, ideally for a leading software or enterprise platform company
- Proven track record of over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to instigate, carry through and close deals
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and think outside the box in terms of deal structure and framework
- An ability to assess client needs effectively and address needs through new products and services
- A proven track record delivering on or exceeding revenue goals
- Hands-on approach to tackling tactical as well as strategic work
- Strong technical knowledge and appreciation
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Expertise with Cloud technologies, Amazon, Google, Microsoft Azure, Verizon, Saas, Cloud, or Infrastructure
- Big Data or BI Expertise a Plus
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
If you want to get technical, click here for a 5 min run down of how Qubole works
Watch a talk given by our CEO here
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.