Sr. Manager FP&A
Santa Clara, CA
G&A – Finance & Admin
Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
The Sr. Manager FP&A will report to the CFO and will be a key player in building out the financial and strategic planning function at Qubole. We’re looking for a process-oriented “doer” and a problem-solver with the highest standard of personal and professional integrity. The right candidate will possesses the analytical rigor and strategic thinking to help our business scale smart and be able to grow and take the next step to manager. You need to embrace challenges and be able to approach complex problems in an organized and detail-oriented manner.
What you'll be doing
- Produce long and short term financial plans, ensuring strong linkage between both; to support critical expansion and operational strategies
- Improve deal review processes and systems to enhance management visibility and decision-making
- Build, maintain, and automate complex and dynamic financial models to provide data driven, actionable insights to drive product growth and other strategic objectives
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of weekly, monthly, Board of Directors and other financial reporting
- Take on ad-hoc projects and synthesize results into digestible summaries
- Partner with the management team to drive accurate financial forecasts
- Lead special projects for the CFO and Management team as needed
Required experiences and skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other quantitative field
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
- 5+ years of Financial Planning and/or Forecasting experience in high growth technology company
- Strong analytical skills, including superior financial modeling - need to have the ability and passion to build complex financial models
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, quickly changing and highly collaborative team environment with the resourcefulness to solve ambiguous problems
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, G-Suite experience highly preferred
- Experience with NetSuite and Host Analytics is a plus
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Start-up experience preferred
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.