Manager, Agile Center of Excellence
Overland Park, KS /
Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
Quest Analytics is one of the fastest growing companies in the Healthcare software space in the US. Healthcare providers and insurance companies rely on our software. We do the important work of providing access to healthcare for all Americans!
Our Technology and Engineering team has a new position as Manager, Agile Center of Excellence. Quest Analytics Scrum Masters are foundational in the successful facilitation of all agile ceremonies or scrum events as well as guiding and supporting all scrum teams through the system development lifecycle. This role, in addition to serving as a lead scrum master, will be the subject matter expert for understanding and implementing agile frameworks, such as Scrum, Kanban and SAFe to produce high-quality outcomes for the Quest Analytics, LLC suite of SaaS Products and Services. A key focus will be continuing to build upon and mature the company’s Agile principles and best practices while forming the Agile Center of Excellence. This will be done through strong teaching, training, coaching and mentoring throughout the company. This role will require excellent communication, cross team collaboration and diplomacy in order to guide, influence and convince others in the adoption of the a lean-agile mindset. This role also requires strong people management skills, as the lead coach will need to effectively manage the other scrum masters to ensure the adoption is conducted in a consistent manner. The Manager, Agile COE additional duties include people management, managing timelines and stakeholder expectations, reporting program level progress to executive committees, and resolving problems or blockers to success.
In this role you will:
- Effectively manage and build career value of all scrum master team members
- Provide coaching and mentoring to drive relentless improvement to higher scrum maturity
- Help create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints
- Build up on and coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Build and continuously mature the Agile Center of Excellence for which the company will use as guiding organization
- Provide guidance in designing continuous integration and deployment pipelines to deliver value quickly
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings, demos and daily stand-ups
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Build and update project dashboard/scorecards and present project status as required
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Facilitate internal and external communication and effective cross-team collaboration
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Build a productive environment where team members feel an ownership of product outcomes and enjoy working toward that
- Work to find resolution of project issues and roadblocks as appropriate
Experience you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Business or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 10 years work experience required in:
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development and related practices
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Successful track record of enabling Agile teams with predictable commitment and delivery
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Crystal, XP etc.)
- Relevant people management experience
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Scrum master certification required
- SAFe Practitioner or similar certification a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
Ready to Evolve?
We want smart, driven individuals to help us create Quest Analytics future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.
What's In It For You
Great benefit package with:
100% paid HDHP Health plan, Dental, Vision for Employee tier and cost sharing for all other tiers
Company matching on 401(k) and HSA contributions
Generous PTO and 10 Paid Holidays
Life, Short and Long Term Disability
Paid maternity / paternity and much more
Flexible work arrangements so you can balance work/life
Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
Opportunity to get in on ground floor and grow & learn as the company grows
Work in a fun, flexible, casual environment
Ability to telecommute when needed
Plus, the free gourmet coffee to fuel the brainpower necessary to conquer your goals
Free drinks & snacks
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.