Overland Park, KS /
Cloud Operations – DevOps /
Quest Analytics is one of the fastest growing companies n the Healthcare software space in the US. Healthcare providers and insurance companies rely on our software. We do the important work of providing access to healthcare for all Americans!
We are searching for a Security Engineer to join our team in our Overland Park, KS office! In this role, you will contribute to the achievement of security objectives for Quest Analytics. You will provide technical security leadership across multiple security domains to ensure IT best practices and compliance requirements are met for both industry and regulatory standards (HITRUST, FISMA, NIST) when applicable. You will provide deep information security expertise for projects within any of the Information Technology or DevOps disciplines and can provide security guidance to multiple technical teams. You will possess a thorough understanding of emerging technologies and our current business strategy and will offer and recommend solutions.
In this role you will:
- Participate in monthly security reviews and provides oversight to application implementations through ongoing security design reviews and risk assessments in order to build security into solutions and to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory standards
- Provide security support during vendor risk assessments
- Be a security expert across the organization, working various technology team members to convey security best practices and communicate Quest Analytics security requirements
- Own, maintains and matures information security review processes and documentation
- Plan the delivery and implementation of core information security projects and capabilities in relation to network connectivity, firewalls, threat analysis, encryption and segmentation
- Partner with technology and business partners to ensure compliance with policies and standards
- Determine security requirements for internal and external projects via interpretation of policies and standards
- Evaluate new technologies, processes, standards, and frameworks on an ongoing basis
- Ensure capability readiness for security controls (people, process, and technology)
- Evaluate gaps in existing technologies and processes
- Assist with the implementation, configuration and operations of various security tools as required
- Work with the organization to achieve and maintain industry security standards (HITRUST, FISMA, ISO etc.)
What we are looking for:
- Experience working in a security role for a SaaS organization is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Applicants should possess 10+ years of professional, industry related experience in Information Security, Information Technology or Application Development
- Seven years demonstrated success in developing, operating, leading and implementing security solutions and functions. Relevant Examples include– Vulnerability Management, Application Pen Testing, Cloud Security, Data Security or Threat Management/Intelligence
- Strong experience independently developing processes to solve complex issues and implementing new security programs based on current industry best practices
- Experience working with application security vulnerabilities and technologies
- Three or more years participating in vendor and internal security assessments
- Two or more years experience working in a security operations role is desired.
- Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CEH or equivalent preferred
- Has strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
We are not currently engaging with outside agencies on this role.
Ready to Evolve?
We want smart, driven individuals to help us create Quest Analytics future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.
What's In It For You
Great benefit package with:
100% paid HDHP Health plan, Dental, Vision for Employee tier and cost sharing for all other tiers
Company matching on 401(k) and HSA contributions
Generous PTO and 9 Paid Holidays
Life, Short and Long Term Disability
Paid maternity / paternity and much more
Flexible work arrangements so you can balance work/life
Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
Opportunity to get in on ground floor and grow & learn as the company grows
Work in a fun, flexible, casual environment
Ability to telecommute when needed
Plus, the free gourmet coffee to fuel the brainpower necessary to conquer your goals
Free drinks & snacks
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.