DevOps Team Lead
Cloud Operations – DevOps /
Quest Analytics is one of the fastest growing companies in the Healthcare software space in the US. Healthcare providers and insurance companies rely on our software. We do the important work of providing access to healthcare for all Americans.
We are searching for a DevOps Team Lead! The candidate will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of engineers who will have the responsibilities of monitoring and providing "first responder" support for our LOB applications in MS Azure cloud. The candidate must have excellent technical, analytical, decision making, and problem-solving skills backed with good verbal and written communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Azure and application infrastructure related activities is required. The ideal candidate will also have solid experience in successfully building partnerships with the business units and other IT groups within the organization.
To be an effective leader of this group, the candidate must be well versed in the systems development life cycle, project management, be able to provide direction and feedback on Major Incident calls, think strategically, have strong desire to ensure that the team meets the highest standards in triage, analysis and follow through. Position also includes interacting with analyst leads and business partners, triaging/tracking issues and providing technical solutions to resolve business needs. This position reports to the Director, IT Operations.
In this role you will:
- Work with legacy teams to migrate their systems and processes into a more automated DevOps flow
- Be the technical team lead and go-to-expert for the DevOps group
- Manage and report progress on DevOps projects and initiatives
- Automate deployment of both container and non-container applications, system configurations and security settings
- Design and build Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Assist with the introduction of new technologies and related tools to grow our agile development environment
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Participate in product design to help architect scalable, reliable, and cost-effective solutions
This role requires:
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience within DevOps roles
- Expertise in MS Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge in networking and security concepts, especially within CI/CD process
- A champion for software-as-a-service and cloud deployment models
- Passionate about learning and problem-solving
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience with relational databases, data warehouse, and data modeling (SQL, Azure, Mongo, preferred)
Ready to Evolve?
We want smart, driven individuals to help us create Quest Analytics future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.
What's In It For You
Great benefit package with:
100% paid HDHP Health plan, Dental, Vision for Employee tier and cost sharing for all other tiers
Company matching on 401(k) and HSA contributions
Generous PTO and 10 Paid Holidays
Life, Short and Long Term Disability
Paid maternity / paternity and much more
Flexible work arrangements so you can balance work/life
Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
Opportunity to get in on ground floor and grow & learn as the company grows
Work in a fun, flexible, casual environment
Ability to telecommute when needed
Plus, the free gourmet coffee to fuel the brainpower necessary to conquer your goals
Free drinks & snacks
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.