Overland Park, KS
Software Engineering - Accuracy – Data Engineering
Quest Analytics is one of the fastest growing SAAS healthcare employers in the Healthcare software space in the US. Healthcare providers and insurance companies rely on our software to help them audit their networks to comply with federal regulations. We’re the industry-leading healthcare network management partner. That’s why more than 400 of America’s health plans and healthcare organizations, as well as more than 500,000 providers, nationwide trust our enterprise services to provide consumers with convenient access to an adequate network of doctors and hospitals and an up-to-date, accurate directory of providers.
We at Quest Analytics improve the patient experience by increasing the accuracy of medical provider networks. To fulfill this mission, we’re searching for a Data Engineer to join our Data Platform team in our Overland Park, KS office. You’ll focus on building and optimizing core components of the data platform that powers our provider data management and network analytics products. Together, these products help the nation’s leading health plans, regulatory agencies, and benefits consultants provide consumers with convenient access to an adequate network of doctors and hospitals and an up-to-date, accurate directory of providers. We’re currently focused on building for our next phase of growth. Come join us!
- Define, build and maintain client solutions and integrations together with internal operations team (ETL, exports)
- Provide technical solution support on an ongoing basis for both internal- and client-facing projects ·
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Refactor existing applications to improve scalability and maintainability of the data platform
- Maintain APIs that users and other systems use to interact with our data platform, including services for entity matching, aggregation, ingestion, and data access
- Contribute to the design and development of services that expose configuration of our data platform to front-end applications and orchestration systems
- Collaborate with site reliability engineers to deploy and tune infrastructure that ensures our systems remain performant, scalable, fault-tolerant, and secure
Projects You May Work On
- Evolve data model implementations of our core master data warehouse, as well as our ingestion and export pipelines
- Improve observability of batch jobs run on asynchronous task queues
- Implement caching to reduce latency of our aggregation service that combines disparate data points into a single source of truth record for each entity in our provider database
- Build tooling that streamlines the mapping and transformation of hundreds of different incoming healthcare data sets into one unified format for ingestion into our centralized data warehouse
What We Expect From You
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education/experience
- 2+ years of work experience with ETL, data integrations, or client data solutions
- 1+ years of experience developing REST APIs in production (Rails or Flask experience preferred)
- Experience with Ruby or Python
- Experience with MongoDB and Postgres
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem, especially EC2 and S3
- Solid foundation in software engineering best practices, including TDD, agile development, and code reviews
- Bonus points for experience with the rest of our stack: Scala, Go, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Databricks, Redshift, Airflow
- Bonus points for experience developing in C# and .NET
- Healthcare data experience a plus
Ready to Evolve?
We want smart, driven individuals to help us create Quest Analytics future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.
What's In It For You
Great benefit package with:
100% paid HDHP Health plan, Dental, Vision for Employee tier and cost sharing for all other tiers
Company matching 401(k)
Generous PTO and 9 HolidaysPaid
Life, Short and Long Term Disability
Paid maternity / paternity and much more
Flexible work arrangements so you can balance work/life
Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
The opportunity to get in on ground floor and grow and learn as the company grows
Work in a fun, flexible, casual environment
Ability to telecommute when needed
Plus, the free gourmet coffee to fuel the brainpower necessary to conquer your goals, and free drinks and snacks.
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.