Healthcare Data Steward
Overland Park, KS /
Provider Operations – Provider Content /
Quest Analytics is one of the fastest growing companies n the Healthcare software space in the US. Healthcare providers and insurance companies rely on our software. We do the important work of providing access to healthcare for all Americans!
We are growing and looking for a Healthcare Data Steward to join our team. This role will provide analytical support to the team that is responsible for managing and mastering the healthcare provider data used to measure the accuracy, adequacy, and accessibility of health plan networks. The steward will analyze and disposition data exceptions related to healthcare practice locations, practitioners, and other related entities. As part of the analysis the steward will create, document, and continuously refine stewardship procedures in alignment with the Data Governance rules and policies of Quest Analytics. The right candidate will be able to analyze data, identify exceptions, perform research to track down the correct answer, and work with business groups to resolve those exceptions.
In this role you will:
- Analyze and disposition data exceptions related to practice locations, practitioners, and other related entities.
- Perform on-line research against approved sources to enrich the data required to manage exceptions.
- Identify patterns in data exceptions to
- Document and continuously improve data stewardship procedures.
- Monitor data governance decisions and adjust stewardship accordingly.
- Work closely with account management and data engineering on data issues.
- Perform data investigations related to practice locations, practitioners, and other related entities.
- Assist in audit activities that measure the quality of Quest data assets.
- Assist in quality control of new features and functions related to data management.
- Create and provide training on data stewardship procedures.
drive automation opportunities.
recommend new business rules.
provide feedback to source systems.
This role requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Informatics or related field
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a related role
- Experience with healthcare data
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Task-oriented with ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to spot and improve gaps in processes
- Proven success in independently completing projects
- Familiarity with best practices of data stewardship and governance
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with either AWS or Azure Cloud environments.
- Experience with the following preferred;
- AWS or Azure Cloud environments
- Python or Scala - especially pandas or spark dataframes
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
We are not currently engaging with outside agencies on this role.
Ready to Evolve?
We want smart, driven individuals to help us create Quest Analytics future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.
What's In It For You
Great benefit package with:
100% paid HDHP Health plan, Dental, Vision for Employee tier and cost sharing for all other tiers
Company matching on 401(k) and HSA contributions
Generous PTO and 9 Paid Holidays
Life, Short and Long Term Disability
Paid maternity / paternity and much more
Flexible work arrangements so you can balance work/life
Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
Opportunity to get in on ground floor and grow & learn as the company grows
Work in a fun, flexible, casual environment
Ability to telecommute when needed
Plus, the free gourmet coffee to fuel the brainpower necessary to conquer your goals
Free drinks & snacks
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.