Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Product Management – Data & Analytics /
Quest Analytics is one of the fastest growing companies in the Healthcare software space in the US. Healthcare providers and health insurance companies rely on our software. We do the important work of providing access to healthcare for all Americans!
We are growing and looking for a new Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Product Management team. As a Sr. BI Analyst at Quest Analytics, you will drive the data model and aggregation that support product, operational and client data needs, collect and organize reporting business requirements, and create dashboards that empower internal stakeholders to make data driven decisions. There are three areas of focus:
* Ensure that Client Service has the metrics, drill-down, and reporting capabilities they need to respond to client questions and investigations without the support of engineering.
* Create self-service dashboards for the Product, Marketing, and Sales teams that allow them to make data driven decisions and proposals using a common view of the data and clear, consistently defined metrics.
* Create operational dashboards that allow Outreach Services to manage and optimize Quest outreach.
The ideal candidate will have the technical skills to develop PowerBI dashboards following industry best practice, the data know-how to work with engineering on optimizing the underlying data model, and the communication skills (written and oral) to work with stakeholders on collecting requirements and providing training on the subsequent dashboards.
While we empower our teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable to the results. We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst that is not afraid of signing up for business outcomes.
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership on the best way to translate data into actionable information
- Work with internal stakeholders to define requirements for self-service dashboards that follow industry best practice
- Consolidate requirements across stakeholder groups to identify key dashboards vs creating many individual reports
- Collaborate with engineering to define the data model, data aggregation, and performance needs for the underlying data that will be used in the dashboards.
- Act as an agile product owner for an engineering team or contract resources
- Create training materials and providing training on self-service dashboards
- Build PowerBI dashboards that enable stakeholder self-service and follow industry best practice
- Provide on-going support on investigations around the data presented in the dashboards; collaborate across data management and engineering teams
- Ensure that all BI deliverable conform to Quest Data Governance rules
- Work within a Kanban framework to deliver on stakeholder requests
You will need:
- Degree in an analytical or technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems); or equivalent work experience
- Power BI Certification a plus
- A minimum of 6+ years’ experience as a BI Analyst
- Prior experience in building and maintaining PowerBI dashboards and reports and working with IT to drive requirements for underlying data model required
- Ability to gather cross-functional requirements and translate them into business deliverables
- Demonstrated experience understanding customer needs, and independently translating them into effective solutions
- 1 yr+ Experience working with large datasets, healthcare data preferred
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Familiarity with best practices of business intelligence reporting and dashboards
- Experience with statistical concepts preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
Ready to Evolve?
We want smart, driven individuals to help us create Quest Analytics future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.
What's In It For You
Great benefit package with:
100% paid HDHP Health plan, Dental, Vision for Employee tier and cost sharing for all other tiers
Company matching on 401(k) and HSA contributions
Generous PTO and 10 Paid Holidays
Life, Short and Long Term Disability
Paid maternity / paternity and much more
Flexible work arrangements so you can balance work/life
Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
Opportunity to get in on ground floor and grow & learn as the company grows
Work in a fun, flexible, casual environment
Ability to telecommute when needed
Plus, the free gourmet coffee to fuel the brainpower necessary to conquer your goals
Free drinks & snacks
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.