Data Operations Engineer
Overland Park, KS /
Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
Quest Analytics is one of the fastest growing companies in the Healthcare software space in the US. Healthcare providers and insurance companies rely on our software. We do the important work of providing access to healthcare for all Americans!
Quest Analytics improves the patient experience by increasing the accuracy of medical provider networks. To fulfill this mission, we are searching for a Data Operations Engineer to join our Data Operations team in our Overland Park, KS office. You will focus on building and optimizing core components of the data platform that powers our provider data management and network analytics products. Together, these products help the nation’s leading health plans, regulatory agencies, and benefits consultants provide consumers with convenient access to an adequate network of doctors and hospitals and an up-to-date, accurate directory of providers. We are currently focused on building for our next phase of growth. Come join us!
In this role you will:
- Build and maintain client data ingestion and export pipelines (Python and Scala centric)
- Provide technical solution support across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Refactor existing applications to improve scalability and maintenance of the data platform
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of reportable data on a regular cadence
- Maintain APIs that users and other systems use to interact with our data platform, including services for entity matching, aggregation, ingestion, and data access
- Collaborate with site reliability engineers to deploy and tune infrastructure that ensures our systems remain performant, scalable, fault-tolerant, and secure
- Support processes that match and master data across data sources
- Support integration pipelines across internal tools and systems to include Salesforce, PowerBI, and Azure Data Lake
- Perform peer reviews for other team members
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education/experience
- 2+ years of work experience with ETL, data integrations, or client data solutions
- Experience with our main technologies: Python, Redshift, MongoDB and Postgres
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem, especially EC2 and S3
- Solid foundation in software engineering best practices
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Azure ecosystem strongly preferred (ex. Azure Blob Storage)
- Familiar with .NET and C# development
- Bonus points for experience with the rest of our stack: Scala, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Databricks, Redshift, Airflow
- Healthcare data experience a plus
Ready to Evolve?
We want smart, driven individuals to help us create Quest Analytics future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you. Bring your entrepreneurial spirit to a company that won’t limit you to a job description. At Quest Analytics, your ideas will be listened to and valued, your unique talents appreciated, and your contribution rewarded. You’ll enjoy a healthy work/life balance, a generous benefits package and plenty of room to grow personally and professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of an industry with systemic problems — working with more than 400 healthcare networks and nearly 500,000 providers to help improve access to healthcare in America.
What's in it for you:
Great benefit package with:
· 100% paid HDHP Health plan, Dental, Vision for Employee tier and cost sharing for all other tiers
· Company matching 401(k)
· Generous PTO and 9 Holidays
· Paid Life, Short and Long Term Disability
· Paid maternity / paternity and much more
· Flexible work arrangements so you can balance work/life
· Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
· The opportunity to get in on ground floor and grow and learn as the company grows
· Work at in a fun, flexible, casual environment
· Ability to telecommute when needed
· Remote work may be available for certain jobs
· Plus, the free gourmet coffee to fuel the brainpower necessary to conquer your goals, and free drinks and snacks.
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.