Jr. DevOps Engineer
Overland Park, KS /
Cloud Operations – DevOps /
Quest Analytics is one of the fastest growing companies n the Healthcare software space in the US. Healthcare providers and insurance companies rely on our software. We do the important work of providing access to healthcare for all Americans!
We are currently looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer to join our team in Overland Park, KS! In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring and reviewing the health of the organization’s Azure infrastructure. You will act as a bridge between the support and the development team defining, analyzing and documenting source code branching and release strategies. The Jr. DevOps Engineer will design and develop system monitoring solutions to minimize system downtime. In this role, you will gain a depth and breadth of business and systems understanding across the entire systems’ portfolio including, cloud architecture, SQL Azure, database optimization, and healthcare network adequacy analysis.
In this role, you will:
- Work with legacy teams to migrate their systems and processes into a more automated DevOps flow
- Assist in migration to containers within our Azure environment
- Automate deployment of both container and non-container applications, system configurations and security settings
- Design and build Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Assist with the introduction of new technologies and related tools to grow our agile development environment
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Participate in product design to help architect scalable, reliable and cost-effective solutions
This role requires:
- 1+ years of experience with one or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Python/C#/Java, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Microsoft PowerShell, TFS)
- 2+ years of experience with Windows Server (2016 preferred)
- 1+ years of experience installing, configuring and maintaining servers and networks
- 2+ years of experience in troubleshooting complex system issues (network/database/OS/storage/application)
- 1+ years of experience with cloud technologies (Azure preferred)
- 1+ years of experience with relational databases, data warehousing and data modeling (SQL Azure, MS SQL 2014 preferred)
- 1+ years of experience with monitoring tools and technologies (you will help to research and select monitoring tools)
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Has strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Exhibits incredible customer service
- Works well in a team environment
- Experience with containerization a plus (Kubernetes preferred)
We are not currently engaging with outside agencies on this role.
Ready to Evolve?
We want smart, driven individuals to help us create Quest Analytics future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.
What's In It For You
Great benefit package with:
100% paid HDHP Health plan, Dental, Vision for Employee tier and cost sharing for all other tiers
Company matching on 401(k) and HSA contributions
Generous PTO and 9 Paid Holidays
Life, Short and Long Term Disability
Paid maternity / paternity and much more
Flexible work arrangements so you can balance work/life
Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
Opportunity to get in on ground floor and grow & learn as the company grows
Work in a fun, flexible, casual environment
Ability to telecommute when needed
Plus, the free gourmet coffee to fuel the brainpower necessary to conquer your goals
Free drinks & snacks
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.