Product Manager, Data Platform-Business Intelligence
United States /
Product – Product Management /
Your Quest: Help build the tools that improve healthcare data
At Quest Analytics our team members can fulfill their quest to work in an innovative, collaborative, challenging and flexible environment supportive of personal growth every day. The team is driven to make healthcare more accessible for all Americans. We’re looking for a dedicated full-time Program Manager, Data Platform (Business Intelligence) to join our team. You will drive the continued development and expansion of a high performing business intelligence (BI) platform that give internal stakeholders the ability to manage operations and address data investigations.
The Product Manager will need to drive the features, functions, and business rules required to align the BI platform with the stakeholder’s use cases and the overall data platform. They will work closely with other product managers, IT, and client services to create both product and delivery roadmaps and help drive predictable execution.
The ideal candidate will have experience in acting as both a product manager and product owner for a BI platform.
While we empower our teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable to the results. We look for a product manager that is not afraid of signing up for business outcomes.
What you'll do:
- In conjunction with management, define the strategy for the Quest Business Intelligence Platform.
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle management from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Manage a complex DevOps backlog for the BI engineering team.
- Create and maintain product and delivery roadmaps for the platform.
- Deliver easily digestible, actionable dashboard and reports that drive business outcomes
- Define reporting and dashboard development best practices using business intelligence software.
- Collaborate with Engineering and QA on planning and implementation.
- Collect, reconcile, and document requirements across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Work with other product managers, client service, and the network performance team to define the needs of the platform, how the data should be organized, and how to optimize the visualizations/delivery.
- Work with legal and finance to ensure that data rights are understood and respected.
- Present, advocate, and evangelize data governance and management to key internal stakeholders.
- Providing actionable recommendations for improving self-service functionality for stakeholders.
What it requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a data or technology related field
- 2-4 years of experience in product management/ownership for a Business Intelligence platform
- Demonstrated experience in building dynamic, engaging, high performing Business Intelligence Platforms
- Experience with PowerBI, both the data and visualization layers
- Hands-on experience performing business analysis and design, including planning and facilitating design sessions, gathering requirements and converting to design documents
- Experience with developing BI against a complex data model
- Demonstrated experience in solving business problems using data
- Familiarity with best practices of data management and governance
- Experience with Azure Synapse, Azure Hyperscale SQL, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 preferred
- SQL experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) – must be able to communicate at a business and technical level with internal teams, customers, partners, and executives
- Leadership, drive, passion, and charisma – ability to persuade, sell ideas, and lead within the organization
- Experience working with Agile Processes
- Diverse Perspectives: We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams
What you’ll appreciate:
•Workplace flexibility – you choose between remote, hybrid or in-office.
•Company paid employee medical, dental and vision
•Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
•Flexible vacation with no cap, plus sick time and holidays
•An entrepreneurial culture that won’t limit you to a job description
•Being listened to, valued, appreciated -- and having your contributions rewarded
•Enjoying your work each day with a great group of people
About Quest Analytics
For more than 30 years, we’ve been improving provider network management one groundbreaking innovation at a time. 95% of America’s health plans use our tools, including the eight largest in the nation. Achieve your personal quest to build a great career here.
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Staffing agencies, headhunters, recruiters, and/or placement agencies, please do not contact our hiring managers directly. We are not currently working with additional outside agencies at this time.