Data Platform Manager
United States /
Product – Product Management /
Your Quest: Help make a big difference in healthcare access
At Quest Analytics our team members can fulfill their quest to work in an innovative, collaborative, challenging and flexible environment supportive of personal growth every day. The team is driven to make healthcare more accessible for all Americans. We’re looking for a dedicated full-time Data Platform Manager to join our team. You will provide platform support to the Product team in building products in ways that satisfy our customers and our business goals.
The Data Platform Manager will help define the continued development and expansion of a high performing data platform that supports the data required to solve business problems. This role will drive the features, functions, and business rules required to align the data collection and management with the client’s use cases. They will work closely with other product managers, IT, and client services to create both product and delivery roadmaps and help drive predictable execution. The ideal candidate will have experience in acting as both a product manager and product owner for a data platform.
While we empower our teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable to the results. We look for a product manager that is not afraid of signing up for business outcomes. #LI-Remote
What you'll do:
- In conjunction with leadership, define the strategy for the Quest Data Platform
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle management from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Manage a complex DevOps backlog for the data platform engineering team
- Create and maintain product and delivery roadmaps for the platform
- Collaborate with Engineering and QA on planning and implementation
- Collect, reconcile, and document requirements across multiple stakeholder groups
- Work with other product managers, client service, and the network performance team to define the foundational needs of the platform; how the data should flow between applications and how that informs Quest products
- Work with legal and finance to ensure that data rights are understood and respected and that data costs are planned and approved
- Present, advocate, and evangelize data governance and management to key internal stakeholders
- Providing actionable recommendations for improving data quality or integrity
What it requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a data or technology related field
- 2-4 years of experience in product management/ownership for a data platform
- Demonstrated experience in building strong technical/data foundations for client-facing platforms
- Demonstrated experience in solving business problems using data
- Familiarity with best practices of data management and governance
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) – must be able to communicate at a business and technical level with internal teams, customers, partners, and executives
- Leadership, drive, passion, and charisma – ability to persuade, sell ideas, and lead within the organization
- Experience working with Agile Processes
- Experience with data analysis in SQL environments preferred
- Diverse Perspectives: We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams
What you’ll appreciate:
•Workplace flexibility – you choose between remote, hybrid or in-office.
•Company paid employee medical, dental and vision
•Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
•Flexible vacation with no cap, plus sick time and holidays
•An entrepreneurial culture that won’t limit you to a job description
•Being listened to, valued, appreciated -- and having your contributions rewarded
•Enjoying your work each day with a great group of people
About Quest Analytics
For more than 30 years, we’ve been improving provider network management one groundbreaking innovation at a time. 95% of America’s health plans use our tools, including the eight largest in the nation. Achieve your personal quest to build a great career here.
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Staffing agencies, headhunters, recruiters, and/or placement agencies, please do not contact our hiring managers directly. We are not currently working with additional outside agencies at this time.