Director of Marketing - Marketplace
New York, NY (HQ) /
Marketing - Marketplace /
We’re looking for a seasoned marketing leader to build a new marketing practice and shake up the world of digital collectibles, NFTs, and blockchain-based apps, games, and metaverses.
Are you ready to relaunch a collectibles brand? Are you ready to build new infrastructure for a high-growth marketplace? If so, join us at Quidd! We’re the original digital collectibles marketplace and the gateway for mainstream collectors to fall in love with NFTs.
You will be responsible for building, running, and scaling Quidd’s marketing organization.
Launched in 2016, Quidd has a pre-existing community of millions of digital collectors, some of whom have been with us for over 5 years. However, we’ve been heads-down building for the last 3 years, putting the necessary product pieces in place before scaling up into NFTs.
This will be your mission -- to relaunch Quidd to the world of physical collectors and crypto enthusiasts.
What You'll Do
- Relaunch a collectibles brand in 2022
- Develop and execute the company’s overall marketing strategy, starting with branding, community, social media, content and editorial, and digital marketing (CRM, email, app install, PPC) through H1 2022
- Expand in-house and agency-led marketing capabilities, including multi-channel marketing (re-targeting, sponsorships, events, print, outdoor), PR, trade marketing, analytics and lead generation, and partnerships and business development in H2 2022
- Hire and nurture a growing organization of digital marketing specialists
- Build the company’s next-generation marketing technology stack, evaluating external vendors and making build-vs-partner decisions in close collaboration with engineering
- Define, instrument, manage, and optimize a wholly-new customer conversion funnel, from acquisition through to referral, managing all data flows
- Develop long-range marketing and business plans, including forecasting, planning, budgets, resource allocation, KPI measurement, and performance optimization
- Scale up marketing operations to manage a multi-million dollar budget
Who You Are
- A self-starter; you are incredibly entrepreneurial and can build teams, processes, and infrastructure from the ground up
- An owner’s mentality; as the owner of all things marketing at Quidd, you are always seeking out problems to solve, are biased towards action, and are ROI-oriented
- A problem-solver; you use frameworks to rigorously define and analyze complex problems, creating and implementing defensible solutions
- Cross-functional and collaborative; you are a strong partner of product, engineering, and operations teams, gaining supporting and tilting the roadmap towards marketing
- Quantitative; you have a strong quantitative skill set and deep technical understanding of data, frameworks, and tools to spur growth
- A storyteller; you are a natural at drawing in an audience and telling our story, and the story of our collectors
- A collector; you can inhabit the collector’s mindset because you yourself collect (trading cards, memorabilia, rare books, sneakers, NFTs, etc)
What You're Good At
- Strategy; you are adept at juggling resources, capabilities, priorities, trade-offs, and returns to help a multi-million dollar budget, for maximum impact
- Community Lens; this isn’t a job solely about driving app installs; our community is your asset, your army of mini-marketers to multiple our force and amplify our message
- Trend-Spotting; new methods and channels are ripe to explore; you’re fluent at running the “core” while experimenting to find the “new”
What You've Done
- Functional: a minimum of 8+ years of marketing experience, 3 years of which were spent building and running marketing organizations, for a startup, technology company, or big brand
- Industry: personal and professional experience in marketplaces, collectibles, e-commerce, and/or crypto