Lead Concept Artist
New York, NY (HQ) /
Quidd, the OG digital collectibles and NFT marketplace and studio is looking for a Lead Concept Artist with a level 5,000 ability for hands-on artistry and ability to adapt to different styles and art directions.
Founded in 2016, Quidd is the marketplace for Animoca Brands, the $5B blockchain gaming company and investment firm. Quidd has worked with over 325 of the world's biggest brands including HBO, Disney, Funko, Marvel, and others in bringing novel collectibles experiences and premium artwork to digital goods and NFTs. With over 8 million users, Quidd is one of the largest marketplaces in the web3 ecosystem.
- 5+ years' experience as a Concept Artist, working on AAA titles on console or Mobile
- Experience in game development is ideal
- Portfolio demonstrating strong proficiency as an Expert level Concept Artist
- Proven ability to adapt to different visual directions to align with existing IP and style guides
- Expert in character, items and environment design
- Strong understanding of anatomy, shape, form , lighting, material, color, composition and silhouette.
- Good communicating skills and ability to provide efficient feedback to team members.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Photoshop and any equivalent software and tools.
- Expert ability in concepting and creating high-resolution concepts of characters, environments, and FX
- Proven ability to deliver consistent high-quality designs across all areas
- Flexible in the concept world: able to jump from one area to another to help push innovation in an authentic way for each drop and IP
- Experienced in using concept skills to guide art production and maintain quality and style consistency by providing paintovers and feedback.
- Bonus: Experiences with Z-brush and have an understanding of 3D production.
- Develop concept art for all Quidd drops and collections
- Collaborate closely with designers, 3D artists, and animators to develop concepts that fit within the vision and goals for characters, items or structures
- Brainstorm narrative and world building with design and content team
- Help define the visual language of each project, from design aesthetic to animation
- Work closely with the Creative Director to develop a style and provide consistent quality across all areas of the project.
- Collaborate with other art leads and producers to coordinate concept art resources, establishing schedules and priorities.
- Review completed work, ensuring alignment with the artistic direction and 3D requirements
- Your concept art will help to visually inform and impact the direction of the designs.
Include your portfolio and resume and links to any sites/social media that will demonstrate your understanding of art, collectibles, and the web3 world.