Marketing Graphic Designer - Marketplace
New York, NY (HQ) /
Marketing - Marketplace /
We’re looking for a graphic designer that is excited to shake up the world of digital collectibles, NFTs, and blockchain-based apps, games, and metaverses.
Are you ready to create a new visual identity from scratch? Are ready to work with 325 of the world’s most beloved pop culture brands? If so, join us at Quidd! We’re the original digital collectibles marketplace and the gateway for mainstream collectors to fall in love with NFTs.
You will be responsible for the company’s overall brand and visual identity across social media channels and marketing campaigns. As the resident in-house graphic designer supporting marketing, you will be responsible for how Quidd looks when it promotes itself to the outside world.
Launched in 2016, Quidd has a pre-existing community of millions of digital collectors, some of whom have been with us for over 5 years.
However, we’ve never before built and executed a community-oriented digital marketing strategy.
This will be your mission -- to design, illustrate, and animate marketing creative to support the marketing relaunch of a global collectibles brand. To accomplish this, everyday you will work with a small, cross-functional team, including digital marketers, content marketers, social media managers, and merchandisers, putting you at the center of the action.
What You'll Do
- Produce visual designs for ad campaigns, blog posts, social posts, industry reports, and other key marketing materials
- Ideate new creative and graphics in close collaboration with marketing, operations, and engineering teams
- Create and maintain guidelines and standards for how logos, typography, color palettes, and more should be used and displayed
- Coordinate with third-party licensors and in-house merchandisers on teaser and hype materials for upcoming drops
- Make critical design choices for the company’s overall consumer-facing brand
Who You Are
- A pop culture lover; you will regularly work with top pop culture brands; you should know and be fluent moving between a diverse array of characters, styles, and brands
- A collector; you can inhabit the collector’s mindset because you yourself collect (trading cards, memorabilia, rare books, sneakers, NFTs, etc)
- Super curious about NFTs; you’ve seen the headlines and gone further down the rabbit hole; you’ve researched some of the latest NFT projects and own an NFT or three
- Steady in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments; we work quickly so you should be comfortable in a collaborative environment biased towards execution and iteration
What You're Good At
- Fluent in Design Tooling: you’re in expert in all the relevant applications and tools, including Design Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Figma; this is your craft, and you’re quick and precise with the toolkit
- Comfortable with Motion Graphics: gaining fluency in motions graphics and tools, using visual effects, animation, and other cinematic techniques to bring your visual creations to life
- Flexibility of Style: you can bounce between various styles, including some lightweight illustration
- Communications; you are skilled in communicating cross-functionally across designers, marketers, and engineers; you can deliver compelling arguments around certain design choices
What You've Done
- Functional: a minimum of 3+ years in relevant graphic design roles for a startup, technology company, or agencies
- Industry: personal and professional experience in marketplaces, collectibles, e-commerce, and/or crypto