Social Media Manager - Marketplace
New York, NY (HQ) /
Marketing - Marketplace /
We’re looking for an experienced social media professional that is excited to shake up the world of digital collectibles, NFTs, and blockchain-based apps, games, and metaverses.
Are you ready to shape our brand and voice? Are you ready to attract new audiences and build a close-knit community? If so, join us at Quidd! We’re the world’s first marketplace for digital collectibles and the gateway for mainstream collectors to fall in love with NFTs.
You will be responsible for building and growing Quidd’s community across Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Discord, and any new social media channels that emerge. As the resident in-house social media expert, you will run everything end-to-end, from overall strategy to creative and branding to posting and engaging with your community.
Launched in 2016, Quidd has a pre-existing community of millions of digital collectors, some of whom have been with us for over 6 years.
This will be your mission -- to reunite old audiences, attract new ones, and tighten the bonds between all of them around the love of collecting. To accomplish this, everyday you will work with a small, cross-functional team, including product managers, designers, engineers, and merchandisers, putting you at the center of the action.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute the company’s social media strategy
- Produce a series of original short-form content focused on collecting, highlighting epic pack pulls, eye-catching secondary sales, sweet flips, top collectors, and grail items
- Devise promotions, contests, and paid campaigns to build, engage, and grow the out-of-app community
- Help design landing experiences and in-product on-boarding flows to receive organic inbound traffic that you help generate
- Document the folklore and oral history of Quidd’s catalog of collectibles, some more than 6 years old, from the world’s most beloved pop culture brands
- Engage with influencers to amplify and scale messaging
- Generate, analyze, and share reports on social media growth and engagement
- Partner with graphic designers and video production companies to produce world-class teaser materials
Who You Are
- A social media wizard; you live in this world and you know your memes
- A collector; you can inhabit the collector’s mindset because you yourself collect (trading cards, memorabilia, rare books, sneakers, NFTs, etc)
- Super curious about NFTs; you’ve seen the headlines and gone further down the rabbit hole; you’ve researched some of the latest NFT projects and own an NFT or three
- A hands-on doer; you can run content schedules, craft messaging, create graphics and short video clips on-the-fly, publish content, and analyze results
- Not a beginner; you have proven track record and can point to past campaigns you’ve run, both good and bad
- Cross-functional; you can collaborate with artists, designers, product managers, and engineers
- A resilient sponge; small teams and startups aren’t easy and there will be hazards along the way so you must be fortified and willing to learn...success will be more rewarding as a result
What You're Good At
- Branding and voice; you can craft a unique and fresh voice for this 5 year-old brand, both through creative inspiration and real-time iteration
- Acting; you will be the brand, so you must inhabit it; you are a natural at learning and playing roles and characters
- Writing; you are skilled with copywriting and can write well, quickly and easily; you can also collaborate visual designers to quickly make an idea real
- Design & Video Editing; while not necessary, you will be more successful, quicker, if you have experience with Photoshop, Sketch, and Premiere or After Effects
- Hacking; you can analyze results like a detective, find patterns and opportunities, and quickly exploit them with each new post in pursuit of engagement and virality
- Geeking Out; you can effortlessly go deep on pop culture references
What You've Done
- Functional: a minimum of 3+ years experience managing social media for a startup, technology company, or big brand
- Industry: personal and professional experience in marketplaces, collectibles, e-commerce, and/or crypto