Software Engineer (Mobile)
Redwood City, CA /
Our mission is to move humanity off of fossil fuel heating. 20% of US global warming emissions come from homes (that’s more than cars!). The largest driver of home emissions is burning fossil fuels for heat. To stop climate change, over 80M US homes need to transition from combustion to efficient, electric heat pumps over the coming decades.
We believe for this to happen the world needs fantastic products that are easy to purchase. Today's heat pumps lack great design, make limited use of software, and are difficult and stressful to adopt. We are building a next generation, beautifully designed, AI optimized home heating and cooling system that is 10x better than what is on the market today.
Our founders recently left Google, where they had highly successful careers across engineering, design, and product management. We are backed by some of the best climate tech and AI investors in the world.
We are looking for an amazing engineer to lead mobile app development on a brand new product. This is a rare opportunity to put your unique finger print on a high potential early stage start-up that will accelerate decarbonization through the adoption of heat pumps. You will be hands choosing an architecture/tech stack, developing product and design specs with the PM and designer, and quickly prototyping a new app experience. You will oversee app testing, sw/hw integrations, and further refinement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in building reliable and scalable mobile apps or frameworks
- Experience with programming languages such as Dart, Kotlin, Objective-C, or Swift
- Have built consumer app from concept to launch
- A passion for building consumer applications with elegant and clean interfaces
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with cross-functional group
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and adapt to a fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for electrification and home automation
- Strong mission alignment around climate and decarbonization
- You will use your practical knowledge and experience with computer science, mobile (iOS and Android) application development, and user experience to deliver the next generation of home heat pumps.
- Set app technical direction and manage schedule and deliverables
- Work collaboratively with product and design teams to develop application
- Manage testing, builds, and codebase with stage appropriate tooling
This is an opportunity to join a highly ambitious team of people who truly care about the impact of their work and quality of their products. We are on a mission to accelerate a species-level human transition. For over a million years we've been burning things to stay warm. It's time to move to a better way of living.