Hardware Product Design Lead
Redwood City, CA /
Our mission is to move humanity off of fossil fuel heating. 20% of US global warming emissions come from homes (that’s more than cars!). The largest driver of home emissions is burning fossil fuels for heat. To stop climate change, over 80M US homes need to transition from combustion to efficient, electric heat pumps over the coming decades.
We believe for this to happen the world needs fantastic products that are easy to purchase. Today's heat pumps lack great design, make limited use of software, and are difficult and stressful to adopt. We are building a next generation, beautifully designed, AI optimized home heating and cooling system that is 10x better than what is on the market today.
Our founders recently left Google, where they had highly successful careers across engineering, design, and product management. We are backed by some of the best climate tech and AI investors in the world.
We are looking for an amazing engineer and leader to help bring our first HW product to market. You should have experience developing and shipping consumer hardware products and are excited to develop a new product that homeowners will love. You enjoy building strong teams and creating an environment that brings out the best in people. You may have one HW superpower but you bridge the gap between ME, EE, Reliability/Test, and manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience managing and building high performance hardware teams
- Proven experience shipping hardware products
- Ability to set technical direction across multiple disciplines and evaluate hardware designs
- Willing and excited to get your hands dirty building an amazing product
- Ability to inspire, create a strong culture, and recruit top talent
- Experience working on 0 to 1 first products
- Experience with one or more of the following: Actuation, sensor integration, and consumer product development
- Experience working with partners and suppliers globally
- Passion for electrification and home automation
- Strong mission alignment around climate and decarbonization
- Excited to coach and mentor junior and senior engineers
- Excited to build a product and team from scratch and ability to thrive in ambiguity
This is an opportunity to join a highly ambitious team of people who truly care about the impact of their work and quality of their products. We are on a mission to accelerate a species-level human transition. For over a million years we've been burning things to stay warm. It's time to move to a better way of living.