Software Lead – Services & Applications
Redwood City, CA /
Our mission is to move humanity off of fossil fuel heating. 20% of US global warming emissions come from homes (that’s more than cars!). The largest driver of home emissions is burning fossil fuels for heat. To stop climate change, over 80M US homes need to transition from combustion to efficient, electric heat pumps over the coming decades.
We believe for this to happen the world needs fantastic products that are easy to purchase. Today's heat pumps lack great design, make limited use of software, and are difficult and stressful to adopt. We are building a next generation, beautifully designed, AI optimized home heating and cooling system that is 10x better than what is on the market today.
Our founders recently left Google, where they had highly successful careers across engineering, design, and product management. We are backed by some of the best climate tech and AI investors in the world.
We are looking for a fantastic engineer and leader to guide the development of our cloud services and applications, both web and mobile. This is a highly technical "do-er" role. You will make the foundational architectural decisions for our software stack and set the direction for more junior team members. In the early days of this role, you will be spending a lot of time in code as the most senior technical lead in this area. Over time, you will be expected to cultivate a world class software team.
- Set technical direction across our cloud services and application (web, iOS, and Android)
- Manage schedule and deliverables for software team
- Be highly technical and hands-on, able to make significant code contributions
- Lead and cultivate a world class software engineering team
- Willing and excited to get your hands dirty building an amazing product from scratch
- Ability to inspire, create a strong culture, and recruit top talent
- Effective across both frontend and backend technologies, with a strong technical "spike" in at least one domain
- Proven ability to rapidly ship high-quality software
- Track record of being a respected and effective technical leader of a software teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
This is an opportunity to join a highly ambitious team of people who truly care about the impact of their work and quality of their products. We are on a mission to accelerate a species-level human transition. For over a million years we've been burning things to stay warm. It's time to move to a better way of living.