Senior Product Manager, Acquisition
Product – Product Management
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
As a Senior PM on the growth team leading Acquisition efforts, you are responsible for driving our user acquisition strategy with a particular emphasis on SEO to accelerate organic search traffic in the U.S. and internationally.
What you'll do
- You'll define the product vision for Quizlet’s user acquisition efforts, including SEO, viral word of mouth, and distribution partnerships
- You'll grow traffic to Quizlet both in the U.S. and internationally
- You'll prioritize product ideas and ship experiments to make it easy for teachers and students to find relevant study materials on Quizlet via organic search
- You'll collaborate with marketing, business development, design, engineering, analytics, and other product managers to foster a growth mindset
- You'll monitor Quizlet’s traffic health, work with an SEO Manager and Analyst to conduct relevant analyses, and share regular updates to the executive team
- You'll be the authority on product-driven user acquisition strategy at Quizlet, and push our thinking forward about growth strategies
What we are looking for
- You have 4+ years of PM experience, working primarily in large-scale consumer web products on growth-oriented projects
- You have experience identifying user acquisition opportunities and delivering quantifiable results
- You have strong quantitative skills, and enjoy applying them to your work through impact modeling and experiment analysis
- You have experience running A/B tests specifically for traffic projects, and understand best practices for gathering accurate, actionable results
- You are comfortable working on a cross-functional team in a fast-paced startup environment with imperfect information and limited resources
- You are excited about bringing the magic of Quizlet to 1.4 billion students across the world, improving learning through low-cost online study tools
- Ideally, you have previous experience leading product-driven user acquisition efforts for companies with User-Generated Content (UGC) platforms that operate in international markets
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!