Product Analyst, Subscriptions
San Francisco, CA
Data Engineering – Product Analysis & Research
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
We're looking for a quantitative Product Analyst to drive inquiry and informed product decisions. Someone who is passionate about analytics and wants to help shape the future of the product analytics team at Quizlet. Our team is scrappy, focused on results and self-starters who drive understanding, growth, and success of the product. We serve in a pivotal role, identifying as well as driving inquiry on behalf of leaders at the company.
Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. And our premium subscriptions give students and teachers the ability to create custom content and access learning analytics tools. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
What you'll do
- Be embedded in a specific product pod and partner with the Product Manager and Engineering Lead to go deep into subscriptions rather than being stretched thin across multiple teams.
- Help develop A/B testing through the entire experimentation life cycle, including inception, creation, measurement, and recommendations.
- Explore, develop, and present insights that to the whole company that inform product roadmap and strategy, using one of the world’s largest learning science databases.
- Drive maturity and excellence in the way we measure success of our business.
What we are looking for
- Advanced SQL skills, including highly developed QA skills and ability to write efficient and optimized code
- Practical knowledge of running and analyzing A/B tests
- Strong communicator: effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Strong understanding of the analytics toolkit, including funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, and user segmentation
- 2+ years of experience in analytics at a consumer internet company
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- Experience using Google’s BigQuery
- Experience with Python
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!