Path Forward: People Ops Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Path Forward Return to Work Program – Path
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Quizlet is growing, and we are looking for a well-rounded People Ops Specialist to join our team. We are building an infrastructure made up of programs, processes, and tools to support and enable growth. The People Ops Specialist will collaborate with teams across the organization and partner closely with other People functions to drive and execute people operational processes and service with a focus on employee experience.
- Support our benefits, well-being & perks programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage; Flexible Spending Accounts (DC/HCFSA), commuter benefits, COBRA, and legislated leaves of absence
- Manage new hire onboarding process across our San Francisco and Denver offices, including pre-onboarding and new hire orientation programs
- Responsible for overall data integrity of employment records in HRIS
- Have understanding and working knowledge of people related policies (i.e., employee handbook, code of conduct, etc.), and assist in interpretation of such policies and standards to all levels of the organization
- Serve as point of contact to our immigration counsel on all employee immigration matters
- Identify and make recommendations on process and/or program improvement opportunities
- Work closely and collaboratively with members in Recruiting, as well as members of cross functional teams, including but not limited to Finance, IT, Workplace
- Assist in fostering a culture of learning and play an active role in communicating and implementing employee development initiatives
- Support all compliance reporting as needed
- 2+ years of People/HR Specialist experience preferred
- Previous experience within HRIS, benefits, and immigration is preferred
- “People-focused” with excellent communication, mediation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively with others, and loves to create solutions
- Proven track record in project and program management and operational excellence
- Good business acumen, and strong sense of accountability and integrity
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Quizlet is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Quizlet, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!