SEO Manager - SF or Denver
San Francisco, CA /
Product – Product Management /
Help us build the AI-powered tutor that helps anyone learn anything.
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn. Quizlet is a personalized learning platform allowing students to create study questions, activities, and games or to access study sets created by teachers and other learners. Two-thirds of U.S. high school students and half of all college students the 1.5 billion students around the world already use Quizlet with over 50 million students studying with us each month. , 2 million more sign up each month, and we’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content, at the scale of YouTube. We're currently among the top 20 U.S. websites and top education apps for iOS and Android.
Now we’re building an AI-powered tutor that adapts and improves the more you use it. To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners and by the new lessons, we learn every day.
We’re a fast-growing financially stable Series C startup, valued at $1 Billion and backed by Union Square Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital, Icon Ventures, Owl Ventures, Altos Ventures and General Atlantic. With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of learning. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, reach out at email@example.com or visit our careers page .
Check Out The Blog!
As our SEO Manager on the growth team, you are responsible for leading every aspect of our SEO strategy, including programmatic content creation, page quality, and SEO hygiene. This includes working with our cross-functional SEO Pod to build and launch A/B tests to improve SEO performance, as well as managing a small team of SEO experts to conduct market research, drive keyword analysis, and inform our longer-term content strategy with a particular emphasis on international growth.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll be responsible for setting, testing, and refining Quizlet’s SEO strategy, with a particular emphasis on growing SEO traffic in international markets
- You’ll work with a cross-functional team including a PM, designer, analyst, and engineers to support our short- and long-term SEO roadmap
- You’ll manage a team of external SEO consultants to review SEO performance, conduct market research and keyword analysis, and identify new opportunities
- You'll work with our SEO PM to prioritize experiments that make it easier for teachers and students to find relevant study materials on via organic search
- You'll collaborate with product, marketing, business development, design, engineering, and analytics to foster a growth mindset
- You'll be the authority on SEO strategy at Quizlet, and make sure that every team is aware of how their roadmaps impact the company’s SEO performance
We'd love to hear form you if:
- You have 5-10+ years of SEO experience, including managing SEO strategy for large-scale (1M+ MAUs) consumer web products on growth-oriented projects
- Ideally, you have experience leading product-driven SEO efforts for companies with User Generated Content (UGC) platforms that operate internationally
- You have strong quantitative skills, and enjoy applying them to your work through impact modeling and experiment analysis
- You have experience running A/B tests specifically for SEO projects, and understand best practices for gathering accurate, actionable results
- You are comfortable working on a cross-functional team in a fast-paced startup environment with imperfect information and limited resources
- You are excited about bringing the magic of Quizlet to 1.4 billion students across the world, improving learning through low-cost online study tools
Benefits and perks:
-Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
-We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
-We provide a monthly in home office stipend to employees while our teams are working remote for the COVID pandemic
-We’ll provide you with a laptop of your choice to go with itInclusive, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
Curious about our interview process?
-Meet with Recruiter
-Meet with Hiring Manager
-Meet with Potential Colleagues and Leadership
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.