Senior Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Finance – Finance
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. This is an exciting time to work on our ads products, because we've only scratched the surface. We're eagerly looking forward to creating unique Quizlet-native ad offerings sold through direct deals.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and lead the Company’s short and long-term financial planning processes / cycles, including annual operating plans, budgets, re-forecasts, multi-year plans, etc.
- Develop and own financial forecast models with a strong emphasis on revenue forecasting
- Support monthly/quarterly analysis and reporting of the business' financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and drivers are understood and highlighted
- Create intuitive analytic tools, reports and models that utilize a variety of data sources and provide business insights into key metrics
- Build partnership with department leaders to understand drivers, trends and opportunities, and share insights and recommendations through data
- Partner with internal stakeholders on cross-functional initiatives, supporting with financial models and ad-hoc analysis and present recommendationsIdentify and implement changes to continually improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of planning & analysis activities
- Ensure that the various reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled
What we are looking for
- BA/BS with 5+ years of experience in financial planning or analytics in a rigorous environment (high growth technology company, consulting, investment banking)
- Demonstrated experience in developing complex financial models; excellent quantitative analysis and forecasting skills (excellent Excel skills required, Database/SQL skills preferred)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, can easily present complex financial issues to non-finance executives (solid PowerPoint skills preferred)
- Knowledge of financial systems (Netsuite or similar)Exceptional interpersonal and cross-functional collaboration skills, ability to drive operational excellence within a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting, advanced degree/certification such as MBA/CPA a strong plusUnderstanding of SaaS, advertising and marketplace business models (desired)
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!