Software Engineer, Ads & Partnerships
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Ads & Partnerships
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
- Build features and ship experiments using React/Redux
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers to design and implement APIs
- Build automation and abstractions (such as reusable UI components) to improve development speed
- Integrate with external ad sdks and partner APIs
- Participate in design, code, and architecture reviews
- Investigate new technologies that may be of use to the team
- Developing an integration solution that enables seamless studying across learning platforms
- Provide and evaluate metrics to ensure we are providing an ads experience with minimal distraction
- Sharing our best practices through technical blog posts, meet-ups, and conferences
- 2+ years of experience building rich, interactive web applications
- Well-rounded full-stack expertise:
- Experience working with server-side MVC web frameworks and REST APIs
- Experience working on large-scale consumer websites, with attention to scalability and performance concerns
- Excitement about the impact your work could have on the lives of students and teachers every day
- Familiarity with ads concepts like video ads, header bidding, takeovers, and viewability
- Experience integrating with an ad server - ideally with Google Ad Manager (DFP)
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!