Senior Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. Our premium subscriptions give students and teachers the ability to create custom content and access learning analytics tools. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
Quizlet’s marketing team is tasked with introducing Quizlet to the next 50 million learners (and beyond!). We work closely with product, user operations, business development and other teams to ensure that everyone who should be using Quizlet has heard about it. Our product marketing team's charter is to know our customers and understand what they want, bring those insights into the product development process, and then use those same insights to deliver compelling go-to-market and launch activities.
About the role:
As a senior product marketing manager on at Quizlet, you’ll be responsible for bringing Quizlet product's to market end-to-end, from crafting user insights to perfecting positioning to developing launch plans and then seeing them through. You’ll approach marketing with a growth mindset, create a vision for how to get Quizlet products used by millions of students, and then work with a cross-functional team to execute against that vision.
On a daily basis, you’ll partner with product management, product analytics and other marketers to help inform product roadmap decisions and strategy. You’ll be equally comfortable diving into market research efforts as you are working A/B test ideas into a product-engineering roadmap or talking about why an SEO strategy may or may not work. As an excellent writer, you will bring a passion for high-quality marketing and communications programs and thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Partner with product management, product analytics, product design and engineering to bring Quizlet's products to market.
- Determine feature positioning and messaging, and go-to-market strategy for new products
- Work closely with marketing creative, lifecycle marketing, communications and other cross functional marketers to bring campaigns to life
- Find new ways to continually deliver value from our existing product to our student and teachers users
- Be the expert on our student and teacher customers; drive market research and understanding, user insights and empathy and stronger product development
- 5+ years experience in a product marketing role at a consumer-facing company
- Strong leadership qualities with a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with a “test and learn” mindset.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and communication skills with a high attention to detail. Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and a rapidly evolving business landscape.
- Experience building creative go-to-market strategies for consumer products (bonus if those products are in the education, marketplace, or subscription space)
- Comfortable with paid marketing, organic search and email marketing best practices
- Experience working with user generated content
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!