Product Support Specialist
San Francisco, CA
User Operations – User Ops
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
The User Ops team helps students and teachers use our products successfully and works to encourage a user-centered culture at Quizlet. We support a global user base of students and teachers who rely on Quizlet to power their learning.
As a Product Support Specialist, you are focused on delivering quality experiences to users. You are a subject matter expert across multiple product areas at Quizlet, and you enable our Support team by applying your product expertise to support strategies. You also partner with cross-functional product development teams by providing recommendations that you cultivate from analyzing user support trends and other data.
You work with keen attention to detail and a data-driven mindset, whether handling large projects or responding directly to users. You bring a strong sense of ownership to your product areas while understanding and being supportive of the broader product, team, and company landscape. Your success is measured by the impact you have on helping to achieve User Ops team goals and your ability to support the goals relevant to your product areas.
What you'll do
- Be the primary subject matter expert for multiple product areas, developing a deep understanding of how things work and where both issues and opportunities exist
- Partner with the Support Operations team to enable the success of our front-line agents
- Provide direct support on select cases relevant to your product areas including escalations and cases designated as Tier 3
- Partner with the Self-Service team to drive self-service outcomes for questions and issues
- Identify patterns and opportunities through analyzing user support metrics, feature requests, and other data
- Develop internal product documentation to promote understanding and clarity of functionality across the organization
- Coordinate the User Ops response to product launches and ongoing product development
- Triage, file, and prioritize bugs for product development teams to address, connecting product development teams to the ongoing issues that users are facing and advocate for action to address the issues
- Partner with other functions across the company to support the company and cross-functional objectives related to your product support areas
What we are looking for
- 1+ years of experience as a Product Specialist or similar role
- Ability to work with and interpret user support data
- Judgment to operate autonomously
- Ability to effectively communicate complex problems
- Strong prioritization and collaboration skills
- A desire to help others and improve the user experience
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!