Senior Product Design Manager
San Francisco, CA
Product – Design
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
The Quizlet Product Design team is looking for a dynamic, creative, and hands-on design leader with a track record for tackling ambiguous problems, building high-quality consumer apps at scale and leading small teams. In this role, you will be responsible for executing on design work as well as mentoring and managing other designers, and helping to establish a team culture in which designers can do their very best work.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Lead complex design initiatives that facilitate effective and engaging learning
- Partner cross-functionally with Product and Engineering managers to contribute to teams’ product strategies and roadmaps
- Support efforts to make our experience as mobile-friendly and cross-platform as possible, for example by contributing to our design system and a shared set of design principles across the team
- Be an active manager and mentor for designers, partnering with them to create opportunities as they chart their own career growth
- Hire and onboard new designers for our team, attracting top talent and managing performance to help us build a world-class design team
- Be one of the public faces of the Quizlet design team, evangelizing our brand in the public forums that you gravitate toward naturally
Are you our next Senior Product Design Manager?
- 3+ years of experience managing designers in a fast-growing company
- 6+ years of experience in a leading individual contributor role designing cross-channel user experiences across desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, and other channels
- Track record of using design to produce measurable business results and user value
- Has successfully launched habit-forming products that people love and/or products that excel at helping users discover new content
- Systems thinker and a creative problem-solver, with proven expertise turning complex consumer problems into simple and engaging products, all the way from high-level concepts down into the UI details
- Are extremely comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams, marketers, and more.
- Experienced iterating on products post-launch based on user data about how designs are performing
- Excellent communication skills and a hands-on leadership style grounded in collaboration, humility and candor
- Has an outstanding portfolio, showcasing a strong foundation in ideation, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and producing high-impact business results
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!