Path Forward, QA Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Path Forward Return to Work Program – Path
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Our mobile apps are updated every 2 weeks, have millions of users, and maintain a rating above 4.5 stars. You will help ensure that we are able to maintain a high-quality product and are continuously improving our processes to ensure efficient, consistent, and smooth delivery of updates to our users.
- Work closely with the Web, iOS and Android engineering teams to validate and test new features
- Work with PM and Designers to ensure requirements are solid in the early phase.
- Coordinate with product and engineering to ensure that our releases are high quality and shipped on time
- Coordinate with our external QA testing company to provide testing and triage bug reports for the engineering team to resolve
- Write new test cases and manually test our apps for new issues
- Experience using iOS and/or Android mobile devices.
- Experience with Web testing.
- Experience in mobile app releases.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate across multiple disciplines and teams
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum environments
- Organizational skills to capture and record detailed and accurate information
- Knowledge of JIRA or similar bug tracking/project management software
- Familiarity with API testing
- Familiarity with big query
- Experience with any automation is plus.
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Quizlet is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Quizlet, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!