Technical Sourcer - Denver, CO
People Operations – Recruiting
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Our Denver office is doubling in size! We’re looking for a talented Technical Sourcer to join our in-house Recruiting Team on contract, with the possibility to extend pending strong performance. Come join an awesome company with a mission-driven, fun and inclusive culture.
What you'll do:
You will be Quizlet's 1st Sourcer in Denver as we endeavor to massively accelerate our growth. You will serve as a valuable member of Quizlet’s high performance recruiting engine, taking your sourcing creativity to the next level as you help us build the recruiting organization as we scale. You will care about the impact our product is having, and feel genuinely motivated to achieve that impact by growing our team.
Some examples of what you will do:
- Partner with our Denver recruiter and hiring managers to understand position requirements and target candidates for open positions.
- Identify and source top talent through multiple avenues: LinkedIn, Entelo, networking, job postings, university relations, recruiting events, etc.
- Source top talent for open positions and build pipelines for future openings.
- Engage and activate passive candidates.
- Greet candidates and help facilitate the onsite interview process, ensuring an exceptional interview experience every time.
- Evangelize our company, product vision, technology, and why people should work for Quizlet.
Who you are:
- You are detailed, focused, and genuinely enjoy sourcing and understanding the nitty gritty of what makes a candidate successful.
- You are self-driven, have superior organizational skills, and great follow-through on tasks.
- You have a passion for EdTech and/or doing good in the world — you’re excited about the impact your work could have on the lives of students and teachers.
- You have at least 2 years of sourcing experience in fast-paced technical recruiting environments at startups or companies with high hiring bars.
- You are a creative, innovative, and productive multi-tasker who can think quickly on their feet.
- You are open minded and believe in building an inclusive, diverse workplace and are always looking for ways to better yourself.
- You have experience with sourcing applications (ideally Lever, LinkedIn, Entelo) and screening resumes.
- You are a team player, willing to help out wherever needed and never say "that's not my job".
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!