Senior Product Manager, Subscriptions Growth
San Francisco, CA /
Product – Product Management /
Help us build the AI-powered tutor that helps anyone learn anything.
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn. Quizlet is a personalized learning platform allowing students to create study questions, activities, and games or to access study sets created by teachers and other learners. Two-thirds of U.S. high school students and half of all college students the 1.5 billion students around the world already use Quizlet with 50 million students studying with us each month. , 2 million more sign up each month, and we’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content, at the scale of YouTube.
Now we’re building an AI-powered tutor that adapts and improves the more you use it. To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners and by the new lessons, we learn every day.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of learning. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our careers page .
Check Out The Blog!
As a Senior PM on the Subscriptions team, you are responsible for getting our subscriptions in the hands of more students and teachers. You’ll optimize our conversion funnels and own the subscriber experience to make our users’ lives better and to grow our subscriptions revenue dramatically. Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. Our premium subscriptions give students and teachers the ability to create custom content and access learning analytics tools. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
What you’ll be doing
- You'll drive the revenue for Quizlet’s Go, Plus & Teacher subscriptions
- You'll identify creative ideas, ruthlessly prioritize them, and help get them executed flawlessly to increase the number of new subscribers
- You’ll own the subscriber experience to ensure we deliver against our promise and delight our subscribers, making renewal a no-brainer
- You’ll deeply understand our conversion funnels, renewal metrics and A/B test results, and drive those insights into our subscription strategy
- You'll collaborate with marketing, business development, design, engineering, analytics, and other product managers to drive the subscriptions business line
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 4+ years of PM experience, working primarily in large-scale consumer web products on monetization or growth-oriented projects
- You have experience optimizing funnels and are very comfortable with A/B testing
- You have previous experience owning and moving a key company metric
- You have strong quantitative skills, and enjoy applying them to your work through impact modeling and experiment analysis
- You are comfortable working on a cross-functional team in a fast-paced startup environment with imperfect information and limited resources
- You are excited about bringing the magic of Quizlet to 1.4 billion students across the world, improving learning through low-cost online study tools
- You will be involved in every step of the product development process. From deeply understanding students & teachers,, analyzing metrics and building a roadmap, to working with engineers, designers and other product managers to revolutionize the learning experience for our users around the world
- Ideally, you have previous experience with subscription products
Benefits and perks:
-Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
-We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
-We’ll provide you with a laptop and monitor you’d like to go with itInclusive, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
Curious about our interview process?
-Meet with Recruiter
-Meet with Hiring Manager
-Meet with Potential Colleagues and Leadership
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.