Support Operations Manager
Denver, CO; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA /
User Operations – User Ops /
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests -- including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
About the Team:
The Support Operations team at Quizlet plays a critical role in delivering exceptional user experience. We strive to create a user-centered culture by helping students and teachers to successfully use our products while working with our outsourced support organization to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
Our responsibilities include defining workflows, writing and improving user support processes and escalation paths, collecting and analyzing user support performance and delivery data, and taking action in response to it.
We measure the impact of our contribution to the business by driving meaningful outcomes related to customer satisfaction (CSAT), support team response times and resolutions, product escalations and questions, and bug resolutions. By doing so, we enable the outsourced support team to do the best work of their lives and create an environment that puts our users first.
About the Role:
As the Support Operations Manager, you are responsible for driving the success of our direct support channels. You are a key leader on the User Operations team, ensuring that day-to-day support operations run smoothly and that we achieve our efficiency rates and operational goals.
You lead Quizlet's outsourced support organization, working diligently with the leadership team to drive high performance (qualitative and quantitative) in the queues and compatibility of workflows across the User Operations organization.
As the Support Operations Manager, you leverage a data-driven approach to deliver operational excellence while employing effective soft skills to inspire and guide the team. Additionally, you obtain a deep understanding of the Quizlet product to help guide the Support Operations team's decision-making and strategies. You also bring a passion for developing efficient and scalable support solutions.
This is a hybrid role. While you are currently permitted to work remotely in Denver, New York, and the San Francisco Bay Area, you must remain able to work in the office as business needs dictate and as identified by your manager.
In this role, you will:
- Help drive performance, user-centric culture, and an inspiring working environment aligned with Quizlet's values and the User Operations Strategy & OKRs
- Provide outstanding leadership to the outsourced support team while driving high accountability
- Build training and onboarding programs for new Agents and other future support operations hires
- Provide ongoing technical guidance, support, coaching, and training to the outsourced support team and related business areas
- Ensure the outsourced support team delivers a high-quality user experience through Customer Feedback analysis and Quality Experience review
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for everyday situations (i.e., product escalations and product questions, amongst others)
- Work with the outsourcing agency's Workforce Management and Leadership teams and Support Ops Leadership to ensure customer queues are effectively staffed to provide timely ticket responses (SLA) and prioritization as required
- Be the point of escalation when an escalated user needs attention
- Analyze support workflows and make suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify and implement tools that improve the speed and quality of the support provided to Quizlet users
- Assist with the design and rollout of new support channels and service offerings
- Collaborate with the broader User Operations team with a mindset of continuous process improvement, innovation, informed decision-making, and seamless communication
- Interface with other adjacent teams (ex. - Product Ops, Content Team, and others) to follow up on bug fixes, advice on messaging, and other Quizlet performance issues and incidents
- Leverage data, analytics, and insights to prepare performance reports on user and product behavior to proactively identify, advocate and execute ways to coach the internal teams and users on how to get the most value from Quizlet products and services and enhance the overall experience
- Work closely with senior management to help customer service deliver on their components of overall company goals and objectives
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role for support operation or customer service team
- Highly motivated and self-starter individual with a strong track record of achievements and both an obsession for rigorous work and a bias for action
- Experience with a distributed workforce and fostering collaboration and inclusion between all locations and cross-functional teams
- Analytical thinker who can derive insights from data to improve processes and training
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and other relevant software
- Leadership and team-building abilities
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Zendesk experience is required
Bonus points if you have:
- Zendesk Suite Certification (i.e., Support Administrator Expert, Explore CX Analyst Expert, or App Developer I Expert)
- Fundamentals of Project Management Certification
- Customer Experience (CX) Management Fundamentals Certification
Compensation, Benefits & Perks:
- Quizlet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Salary transparency helps to mitigate unfair hiring practices when it comes to discrimination and pay gaps. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a starting base salary of $90,000 - $135,000, depending on location and experience, as well as company stock options
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a healthy work-life balance
- 20 vacation days (and we expect you to take them!)
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (100% employee and 75% dependent PPO, HMO, VSP Choice)
- Employer-sponsored 401k plan with company match
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other resources to support professional growth
- Paid Family Leave, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits, Wellness benefits
- 40 hours of annual paid time off to participate in volunteer programs of choice
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and take pride in delivering results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.