Director of Business Development, APAC
Business Development – Business Development /
As a leading mobile security and privacy solutions company, Quokka offers proactive mobile security solutions to ensure a higher level of security and privacy for mobile applications, mobile devices and now enterprise mobile fleets. Quokka recently launched a new enterprise mobile security solution that will disrupt and reshape the market by enabling BYOD, providing privacy and security to the device owners, while allowing access to and protecting the enterprise's data. It is an exciting time at Quokka as we are reshaping the company and the market with our new offering
Formally known as Kryptowire, Quokka is already a leader in the US Federal market. Our Mobile Application Security Testing (MAST) solutions, Q-MAST and Q-Vet, are trusted by big-name corporations and organizations across the US, European, and APAC markets. But there are opportunities to expand that business significantly, especially in the APAC market.
We are looking to fill a newly created position as the Director of Business Development. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of business development across several civilian, defense, telecommunication and/or intelligence agencies and offices, specifically for a SaaS provider. The ideal candidate will have direct experience identifying, shaping, and capturing prime- and sub-contracts, forming team relationships, be a recognized name among key agencies, have established relationships with leading systems integrators, and be located in Singapore or South East Asia. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities, engaging with systems integrators and other partners, building awareness through events and webinars, shaping procurements to increase our chances of winning, you will work closely with our Director of Sales APAC to capture new business in the APAC region
What you will do in this role:
- Report directly to Quokka's Chief Business Development Officer with dotted reporting line to local Country Director
- Lead our business development efforts across the civilian, telecommunication, and defense sectors of APAC
- Leverage your contacts within different agencies, prime contractors, and other partners to gain market intelligence and position Quokka to capture new business
- Identify and engage key decision-makers associated with select programs and awards that are a high priority for Quokka
- Work to create and shape new contracts in a way that gives Quokka an advantage and increases our likelihood of award
- Represent Quokka in the best light, promoting our deep expertise and industry-leading solutions
- Work as an integral part of the Quokka's sales and business development team, briefing Quokka's leadership and advancing our cause
- Work closely with Quokka's marketing team to identify collateral needs and guide the development of that collateral
- Build an aggressive qualified pipeline.
- Develop and execute a plan to engage customers and partners through in-person and virtual events (lunch and learns, demos, round tables, etc.).
To be successful, we need someone in this role who has:
- 15+ years of Business Development experience in the Cybersecurity space in the APAC region.
- A proven track record of successful awards of competitive contracts in the defense, civilian, and telecommunication space
- Possess C-Level contacts in the relevant space and is able to create executive interest for Quokka's solutions.
- Able to arrange C-Level meetings.
- Experience promoting SaaS solutions
- Experience promoting SaaS security solutions is highly desired
- Ability to quickly understand and then promote complex technical solutions
- Experience promoting cybersecurity, mobile device, mobile management, and/or mobile security solutions is preferred
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must
Equal Opportunity Employer
Quokka is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.