Software Engineer - Content Quality and Moderation
Mountain View, CA
Quora is a platform to ask questions, get useful answers, and share what you know with the world. Sharing knowledge calls for openness and respect amongst our diverse group of users. We strive to continuously maintain and improve the quality of content and civility of discussion on Quora, through a combination of product mechanics, machine learning, and internal tooling.
We are looking for senior backend engineers to design and build tools, features, and systems to maintain and improve content quality and moderation at scale. This team is responsible for technical systems that handle spam, plagiarism, trolling, poor content quality, harassment, fraud, and user trust / safety.
- Build and improve technical systems to detect and handle abuse and policy violations at scale.
- Design and implement APIs and tooling that other product teams can use to build a consistent standard of quality across different content types and product features.
- Build and improve tools, features and systems used by our internal teams (such as Product Operations and Legal) to enforce moderation policies and maintain user safety at Quora.
- Identify high-impact features to improve content quality and user safety at Quora.
- Collaborate with the machine learning team at Quora to incorporate machine learning techniques in these tools, features and systems.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant professional development experience.
- Experience with backend storage systems such as MySQL, HBase, Memcached, or Redis.
- Experience designing and building APIs that are used by other people.
- Experience or strong interest in areas such as: trust and safety, anti-abuse, anti-spam, and fraud.
- Love of the Quora product.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.