User Research Manager
Mountain View, CA
Every day millions of people seek answers and share their knowledge through Quora. As a seasoned User Researcher leader, you'll work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to shape this unique platform. You'll help teams see and understand our users from different vantage points, from micro-interactions to the thousand-foot view of how they're connected. You'll unpack mental models, motivations and cultural norms, with the goal of helping teams improve the product. In addition, you will help manage our growing team of talented researchers.
- Recruit, hire, and grow talent
- Foster relationships and collaborate across functions
- Help evolve our research practice, including establishing best practices for conducting research for machine learning applications
- Help define internal communication strategy and drive greater research awareness
- Participate in the larger research and design community, sharing work through publishing, blogs, or conferences
- 3+ years experience managing research teams in a product development environment
- Deep experience with qualitative research in a variety of forms, with track record of product impact
- Familiarity with basic quantitative research methods
- Experience collaborating with data teams - using data to compliment user research, and vice versa
- Demonstrated leadership: advancing research practice, setting team vision
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.